lump on knee any advice?

maoo

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys as above, not really a injury but want some advice.

Basically I had an unavoidable street fight a few months ago and ended up clenching the guy after a few punches and kneed him smack bang on the forehead, he fell to the ground and give up all will to carry on the fight he started, but my knee was numb for a few hours after lol.

Now basically ontop my knee (the part I hit him with) has developed a lump which is still a little bit paniful when I deep massage it, the lump does not seem to want to go away.

However it does not affect my movement range, walking/running ability or even my striking ability, it just is a pain in the arse feeling it and the slight swelling that is still there makes my knee look odd comapred to the other rofl.

Now anyone have any idea what causes this lump (other than myself lol) and best way to get rid of it?

Cheers guys.

Advice? get it checked out by someone, all anyone here can do is guess and i'm sure suggestions like icing it are long sice uneffective

My advice would be read the stickies...specifically THIS ONE

Let me bring it to you:
Injury Threads

While this forum is designed for training and injuries are a part of any intense training this is not the place to come for medical advice. It is still useful to discuss injury prevention and other temporary issues, there is no way to give educated relevant advice to treat injuries because we can't know the extent of them.

Acceptable "injury" topics
- Prehab and rehab exercises
- Exercises to do while injured (Ex. low impact for knee problems)
- Temporary pain from exercise (Ex. shin splints)

Unacceptable "injury" threads
- I hurt X last night, what did i do to it?
- My X hurts from grappling etc. how long before i can train again?
- X has hurt for a week, i have not had it checked but what can i do to speed up recovery?
- Can i still train with X medical condition?

All Unacceptable threads will be closed.

The bursa sack in your knee is inflamed. The lump is a common reaction to impact to the front of the knee cap, especialy from falling on it. Now of course you could have nearly ruptured patella tendon just waiting to tear and change your life forever so maybe the doctor co-pay is worth it in this case.

Back