Luke Thomas: Would I pick Nunes to win against top 10 guys in the 135 division...maybe"

Can Amanda Nunes beat up the average size American man in a fight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record I dont think CM Punk would for sure beat Nunes. I dont really know the answer. Just saying that it would not be such an easy task for any woman, including Nunes, to dismantle a trained "young" man 30lbs heavier than her. Yes, including Punk.

I don't know. The skill gap between Mike Jackson and CM Punk was massive. The promotion purposely looked for the worst fighter on the roster in order to give Punk a boost into the sport, and Punk still looked like he didn't belong in there whatsoever.

For the record, I think Nunes would have a lot of trouble against Jackson. IMO, Nunes is probably around the same level as Jackson in terms of fighting capability. She is far more talented, but is hindered by a big physical disadvantage—it pretty much breaks even. Both would dismantle >99% of the population but both would also get trashed by any ranked male fighters.

Im also saying than if we watched CM Punk in the cage with Felicia Spencer, he would not look so terribly clumsy and unathletic as it looked to you.

The way he walked through Jackson's punches in order to get a body lock, pressed him against the cage, managed to take him down and passed guard would look more powerful and "skilled" if he applied all those skills and physicality on Miss Spencer.

Fundamentally, I agree. But he only did one thing right in a slew of wrongs. Just in his movement, Punk is clearly slower and less coordinated than the top female fighters. He is definitely stronger but that's not enough.

Last edited:
I'd say the average size of an American man is 5'9" 195lbs.

Does she take it?

usa-angle_custom-4508dc6bf940169cd9f906babb305646d1898a67.jpg

I'd say the average size of an American man is 5'9" 195lbs.

Does she take it?

usa-angle_custom-4508dc6bf940169cd9f906babb305646d1898a67.jpg
Average yank is 400lbs surely... You got the height right though.

No skills and under 200 pounds? For sure.

Amanda and it wouldn't even be remotely close.

She would probably beat up 99% of the NBA, 80% of the MLB, and a decent amount of the NHL and NFL.

Jiu Jitsu goes a longgg way in a 1 vs 1 fight.

No doubt about it. She's one of the few female fighters who move and fight like a man (fearless, picks her shots, changes her gameplan if needed, is good in every aspects of MMA, etc.)

Amanda is a great MMA fighter (not only WMMA) and the female GOAT (and that's coming from someone who hates WMMA because of the terribly low caliber)

She would sleep most of us, Shertards, in a fight

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back