Luke Thomas has a problem with Teruto Ishihara calling women...

teruto is retarded, and luke is a terrible voice in the sport [the grumpy old man who has replaced josh gross].

I'm not gonna sit here and say I agree with this strategy, but I bet he weeds out the ones who are overly politically correct and don't like fun when he says that. Although that being said, are any women actually like seeing that video and being like "Oh I want to go and spend my evening with an MMA fighter in Salt Lake City, Utah"?

Luke Thomas seems to have a problem with just about everyone and everything...

Thoughts?

I'm sick of Luke Thomas threads.

Where was he, when Karyn Bryant referred to Ricardo Lamas as her "bitch"?

Is there anything that cunt DOESN'T have a problem with?

If women don't like it, they'll stay aware from Ishihara. If they don't care, they'll gravitate toward him. See Luke, you alleged victims will solve your crusade for you. Go peddle your social justice elsewhere.
This is a fair point but the issue with language that is demeaning or promotes negative stigmas is that there are those who haven't fully acclimated to this being the way it is. If we were to just accept all forms of hatred (and i'm not saying 'bitches' is that) because those who agree gravitate and those who don't shy away then we wouldn't be fixing a problem. The goal is to ultimately make it not okay to use the word bitch to describe a woman so that in 50 years there won't need to be a decision to be had about whether you do or don't care about being called one. Once you are put in that situation you are already subconsciously accepting in your mind that you are one and thus lesser which is a hurtful place to be in.

I don't mean any of that to be preachy just that I know where you are coming from and respect your opinion. I think issues like this are pretty complex for those who care and pretty cut and dry for those who don't. MMA probably isn't the place to be solving these things though haha.

giphy.gif

found some pre-ufc footage of teruto

I honestly don't know who this guy is and I don't want to know. Apparently he is South Park's PC Principal.

Adorable language barrier made it so he didn't understand that is was pretty offensive on face value. It's like when that Aussie basketball player called some of the Warrirors players "Quick little monkies", which wasn't even language but a cultural insensitivity to African Americans.

You give a little wiggle room when it's someone speaking a foreign language and in the heat of the moment.

I personally agree with him. I find it to be, reductive, demeaning and childish. Having said that it doesn't make me dislike him and I think he is an exciting fighter.
Same.

I wonder what he thinks of Busta Rhymes?

If women don't like it, they'll stay aware from Ishihara. If they don't care, they'll gravitate toward him. See Luke, you alleged victims will solve your crusade for you. Go peddle your social justice elsewhere.
We all know what Luke is trying to do.

internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

Now, a better question would be whether he is trying to accomplish the same when he white knights Jones (<---that was fucking racist!)

many women are saying that they love to be called bitches

Depends on the context and who he's referring to, if it makes sense then it's no big deal.

I personally agree with him. I find it to be, reductive, demeaning and childish. Having said that it doesn't make me dislike him and I think he is an exciting fighter.

so that's where it ends for you? mike kyle might have been in some fun fights, but the guy was an asshole, making it impossible for me to become a fan of his. if teruto is promoting the subjugation of women, which is what he is doing with his new angle of promoting himself, then why would you cont. to be a fan of his?

some women are bitches and i will call those bitches what they are

gotta be honest with everyone

I just listened to him talk about this and he says he doesn't really care he just wants to know why the guy can do it but anyone else can't.,

lol he has a problem with supposed racist fans don't like jones because he's black, but doesn't say shit about black rappers using the N word or bitches indiscriminately.

so that's where it ends for you? mike kyle might have been in some fun fights, but the guy was an asshole, making it impossible for me to become a fan of his. if teruto is promoting the subjugation of women, which is what he is doing with his new angle of promoting himself, then why would you cont. to be a fan of his?
Well I didn't say I was a fan of his. It doesn't totally end there for me no but honestly I don't want to come off as overly aggressive about my stance. Furthermore I can tolerate words, any words to a point and still accept the person using said words. Once those words manifest into actions then it becomes a lot harder for me. The problem with coming down to harshly is that in all likely hood when Ishihara uses the word bitch he isn't knowingly and willingly propagating the stigma that it carries with it. So there is room for me to separate the issue from the person. I find his use of the word gross but I don't judge him. We are all human and we say and do things that are flawed.

Back