Luke Rockhold Needs to stop embarrassing himself

All odds were against Luke the first time. TRT, fighting in Brazil, fighting for first time in UFC, then a lucky wild kick. He has much reason to want a rematch. He knows hes better than vitor and that it should have never happened that way. I agree

Luck. Ha!

Uhh, no. Cormier and Rockhold have one of the most publicized bromances in MMA.

Daniel-Cormier-Gives-Luke-Rockhold-A-Kiss.jpg

rockhold-and-cormier-1mg_9384.jpg

6660117835_28978953f0_m.jpg

Need more?

Cain is cool with him, too.

Tab%C3%BA-Luke-Rockhold-Cain-Velasquez-and-Daniel-Cormier-on-Carpet-5.26.12.jpg

I don't stalk them. Just saying what I saw on the episode. Both were making fun of him.

All odds were against Luke the first time. TRT, fighting in Brazil, fighting for first time in UFC, then a lucky wild kick. He has much reason to want a rematch. He knows hes better than vitor and that it should have never happened that way. I agree
I'm from Brazil and I have to agree with you on that.
I was actually on Jaragu

He's doing it to get attention and a second fight with Vitor. I really hope it happens so Vitor KO's him again.

Uhh, no. Cormier and Rockhold have one of the most publicized bromances in MMA.

Daniel-Cormier-Gives-Luke-Rockhold-A-Kiss.jpg

rockhold-and-cormier-1mg_9384.jpg

6660117835_28978953f0_m.jpg

Need more?

Cain is cool with him, too.

Tab%C3%BA-Luke-Rockhold-Cain-Velasquez-and-Daniel-Cormier-on-Carpet-5.26.12.jpg
pfft

You and all your actually reality. How are people supposed run with rumors other people start if you keep doing things like that? You are messing up the truth to bullshit ratio for the Internet as well. Next time just pretend that you always knew that thing that wasn't true too!

There is nothing Luke is doing other then devaluing himself to the very market that pays to see him fight. His tactics are proving to be counter productive, and not everyone can be Chael Sonnen. He needs to re-think is so called "Strategy" of campaigning for a number 1 contenders fight.

He needs help.

Rockhold is the real deal, and he could just avoid Vitor for the next year or two until Vitor career is over. But he would rather fight him...I like that! The next fight will look much different. I am not saying easy win for Rockhold, but I remember watching a young GSP get outclasses by the veteran Hughes the first time only to regroup and come back better. Regardless, the Rockhold bandwagon blows by the Belfort bandwagon here soon...Vitor isn't getting any younger.

I'm shocked at the flack Rockhold is taking from people for wanting to avenge that humiliating loss. If anything, it shows the man has balls, since he's calling out a monster that has already walked through him. Plus, based on merit, 1st round finishes of Costas Phillipou and Tim Boetsch, I think he has room to talk. If the rematch happened AND Rockhold lost, his standing in the Middleweight division takes a massive nosedive. Realistically, he could be working his way to a title shot by avoiding Belfort. Instead, he wants to badly avenge it and people are shitting on him.

I always thought the biggest joke was Bisping wanting a rematch with Hendo, since he talked massive shit for months, then ran the entire fight in fear, and still ended up a highlight reel. It can be argued Rockhold "just got caught." And he badly wants to prove that.

I'm a Vitor fan and I agree with this.

There is nothing Luke is doing other then devaluing himself to the very market that pays to see him fight. His tactics are proving to be counter productive, and not everyone can be Chael Sonnen. He needs to re-think is so called "Strategy" of campaigning for a number 1 contenders fight.

He needs help.
??

How has he devalued himself?

You have no basis to claim it has been counter-productive

And if anything that his strategy has gotten people's attention, whether they like it or not, is pretty much the definition of a good one. At minimum he has increased his changes of a rematch.

And this isn't a failed attempt at humorous shit talk. He has said he thinks the first loss is tainted because Vitor is a cheater in his opinion and regardless he wants to avenge that loss and has been openly calling for the fight

I don't stalk them. Just saying what I saw on the episode. Both were making fun of him.

So you saw a bunch of friends joking about each other and extrapolated from that that they hate each other? I see.

In New York, we call it busting someone's balls. In the UK, I believe they call it "taking the piss." Don't friends in New Zealand jokingly talk shit about each other?

champs.gif

i think the dude's got balls. His personality isn't always warm and welcoming, but he's a monster. I picked Luke to in the first fight, but had some concerns, primarily the fct that Vitor was fighting in Brazil, again.

I think we'll see a slowed rendition of Belfort. Whenever he does make it back, he'll still be fast, and he'll still throw some wild shit, but I expect to see a difference. I think his reaction time will take a hit, and I don't think he'll be quite as explosive at this point.

I could be completely wrong, but I think at 36 or 37, the lack of juice is going to be visible. He won't look s horrendous as Hendo did, but I don't think he's going to look like the juggernaut that we've been seeing in his last few fights.

People always say skill made the kick happen, not TRT, but I have no problem seeing the man slowing down physically (just a hair) without the doping. A slightly slower Vitor may miss that kick by two nut hairs, which could indicate (all speculation on my part) that TRT DID play a factor in the kick.

Mark Munoz: "It's like, what do I have to do to get a title shot?"

Um?

So you saw a bunch of friends joking about each other and extrapolated from that that they hate each other? I see.

In New York, we call it busting someone's balls. In the UK, I believe they call it "taking the piss." Don't friends in New Zealand jokingly talk shit about each other?

champs.gif

I watched a video with him and Cormier where Cormeir clowned him from beginning to end while Rockhold said nothing and seemed really annoyed most of the time. Usually when friends joke with each other, it goes both ways. They probably just have weird relationship though. And I guess being around someone that much gets annoying at times.

It can be argued Rockhold "just got caught.

No it can't.

That was one of three consecutive head kick finishes. That was pure skill, the better striker and better finisher finishing the fight with an incredibly precise strike. (which he even spun his head around to watch connect)

If a fighter gets hit with a hailmary, eyes closed, overhand right in a fight they were WINNING... then maybe, maybe, they could play that bullshit line, but not in this case.

It's just like how Vitor was crying about how if Anderson Silva didn't land the front kick, he would've won.

Luke Rockhold basically doing the same thing, except Vitor used TRT and Silva is clean.

Except that Vitor didn't talk nearly as much shit as Rockhold did and didn't complain about his loss nearly as much nor as long as Rockhold has.

Terrible introduction for Rockhold to UFC fans. He's like a slightly less clever but more talented Bisping, and Vitor's foot is like Hendo's hand.

No it can't.

That was one of three consecutive head kick finishes. That was pure skill, the better striker and better finisher finishing the fight with an incredibly precise strike. (which he even spun his head around to watch connect)

If a fighter gets hit with a hailmary, eyes closed, overhand right in a fight they were WINNING... then maybe, maybe, they could play that bullshit line, but not in this case.
Getting caught doesn't have to be a lucky punch in a wild exchange in a fight they were winning

Getting caught also doesn't mean the fighter who won didn't deserve to win or that the win is somehow tarnished

But there is a difference between beating the shit out of a guy and then finishing him compared to landing a KO shot in a fight the other guy was completely in until then. At this level of skill and at the higher weights, all it takes is a momentary slip of concentration or being a split second too slow or just slightly falling for a fake to get caught and finished.

Fighters get caught all the time. But what you also look at is the percentage of the shot that put them out. If it was an overhand right by a boxer then there is plenty of reason to think the very same thing might happen again in a rematch. If its a spinning heel kick or a front crescent kick (think those are the right terms) then its probably a low percentage they get caught with that again, making people more interested in a rematch.

People have turned "getting caught" into meaning the winner got lucky and that's why it has gotten everything messed up because it never meant that until recently and only with some people. It isn't luck to land a kick in the exact spot he meant to. But it isn't a high percentage strike. Two different things completely that people have merged

Back