Luke Rockhold Needs to stop embarrassing himself

vb

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Luke needs to stop talking about his humiliating loss to vitor. The guy trashed vitor for months prior to his fight with him, was totally unclassy during press conferences and was confrontational during the weigh ins to only get the shit kicked out of him in the first round with an award winning KO. Take the trt crap out of this argument because that ko was pure skill and after luke was fillet after that kick he admitted to it being pure skill. The guy beats a B level mw and now has restarted the trash talk again. If i were luke i would avoid vitor at all costs and not mention his name anymore because of the way he was humiliated.

luke is a good fighter but just cant listen to his garbage

Agree with you, he is becoming more and more unlikeable

Can't stand the guy. Was funny watching him get rattled in this video. Especially after all the shit talking he did.

It was glorious seeing Vitor besmirch that fool like that.

I like that Rockhold wants another shot at Vitor post-(legal-)injections.

A fire burns in the warrior's soul.

2v0ydfp.jpg

I'm shocked at the flack Rockhold is taking from people for wanting to avenge that humiliating loss. If anything, it shows the man has balls, since he's calling out a monster that has already walked through him. Plus, based on merit, 1st round finishes of Costas Phillipou and Tim Boetsch, I think he has room to talk. If the rematch happened AND Rockhold lost, his standing in the Middleweight division takes a massive nosedive. Realistically, he could be working his way to a title shot by avoiding Belfort. Instead, he wants to badly avenge it and people are shitting on him.

I always thought the biggest joke was Bisping wanting a rematch with Hendo, since he talked massive shit for months, then ran the entire fight in fear, and still ended up a highlight reel. It can be argued Rockhold "just got caught." And he badly wants to prove that.

I'm shocked at the flack Rockhold is taking from people for wanting to avenge that humiliating loss. If anything, it shows the man has balls, since he's calling out a monster that has already walked through him. Plus, based on merit, 1st round finishes of Costas Phillipou and Tim Boetsch, I think he has room to talk. If the rematch happened AND Rockhold lost, his standing in the Middleweight division takes a massive nosedive. Realistically, he could be working his way to a title shot by avoiding Belfort. Instead, he wants to badly avenge it and people are shitting on him.

I always thought the biggest joke was Bisping wanting a rematch with Hendo, since he talked massive shit for months, then ran the entire fight in fear, and still ended up a highlight reel. It can be argued Rockhold "just got caught." And he badly wants to prove that.

this. people really want to see rockhold try to avoid vitor to get an easier title shot? why? he wants the best.

I'm shocked at the flack Rockhold is taking from people for wanting to avenge that humiliating loss. If anything, it shows the man has balls, since he's calling out a monster that has already walked through him.

I'm in the same boat.
Lots of fighters write off a loss to a guy as something that cannot be avenged, and try to shape a title shot around never fighting him again.
Luke has been pretty persistent in trying to get in against vitor again. I think its pretty admirable.

You aren't seeing the big picture if you think people don't like him just because he wants to get a fight against Vitor to avenge that humiliating loss. People don't like him because of the way he's trying to do it. By talking shit and trying to discredit Vitor and his wins.

I'm in the same boat.
Lots of fighters write off a loss to a guy as something that cannot be avenged, and try to shape a title shot around never fighting him again.
Luke has been pretty persistent in trying to get in against vitor again. I think its pretty admirable.

By basically calling the guy a cheater and saying his wins are tainted? Much hespect there.

I've never seen anything where Rockhold embarrasses himself.

luke needs to shut up and quit crying about getting
Decapitated

i get your argument but vitor completely nullified his game plan and luke couldnt get close to him for a TD or land anything. he got outclassed by a real veteran who has faced so many greats in his lifetime. I still thinnk vitor without trt is still going to ko luke again

All he`s got going on for him is his dong.

100% agree.

He was so butthurt that he was lost for words when he found out about Chael getting a #1 contender fight

I'm in the same boat.

it would be admirable if he just stfu about trt and just said he would like a rematch to avenge his loss

he didnt lose by vitors endurance or strength, he lost by an almost impossibly timed and skilled kick.

This. Fighters are prideful guys/gals. I have no problem with him being vocal about wanting to avenge his loss.

I'm in the same boat.

I agree it's admirable he is so adamant about avenging that loss. It's stupid to call him out for sure because Vitor didn't beat him because of trt. If they fight he will get murdered again. At least he has a warrior spirit even if it's not in his best interest.

Credit to Vitor for landing the kick but he probably never catches Luke with it again. Just like Vitor would probably never walk into a front kick by Anderson again.

I think a Luke/Vitor rematch would be a great fight. And talking these days and stirring up interest has become a big part of the process. Of course he wants a chance to avenge it specifically because it was embarrassing. And a win not only gets him his revenge but almost certainly a title shot. Plus it would be a main event. IMO he should be doing all he can to try to get that fight made. Its the smart move and just on pride alone I'm sure he wants another shot at Vitor. I'm surprised you seem surprised by this. Its the shortest route to what he wants on three different fronts. If he didn't have enough confidence in himself to want to fight Vitor again then he wouldn't have much of a fighter's mentality.

Back