Luke Rockhold: "I'm on another level than Machida.."

e5be4746e9fe0f2e7e3869ed1146ff92cc7cb7d4eb591310ba33bab7d8a37e23.jpg

He's right.

Machida is a extremely one dimensional fighter.. he relies entirely on a straight left and his average kicking game. he can't throw a jab,uppercut or hook to save his life. he literally looked like a lost amateur against Weidman a couple of times. he had Chris hurt and on the defensive but didn't know what to do.

It's going to be hilarious bumping this thread with all the: "i judge fights based off of who's balls i wan't in my mouth more, instead of skill sets" crowd
Everyone knows Machidas strength is his timing and movement. He was trying to bait Weidman when he had him backing up but wisely Weidman chose to defend, back off and reset. There's different styles of fighting. I think the real story of that fight was how much Machida was plunked out the first 3 rounds. He must have had Anderson's leg snapping playing through his head.

A confident Lyoto is a destroyer but he's a very fragile it seems. When he loses confidence he loses fights, moreso than most. But his last fight was pretty ballin. Somebody shoop me "How 'Chida Got His Groove Back"

He's right.

Machida is a extremely one dimensional fighter.. he relies entirely on a straight left and his average kicking game. he can't throw a jab,uppercut or hook to save his life. he literally looked like a lost amateur against Weidman a couple of times. he had Chris hurt and on the defensive but didn't know what to do.

It's going to be hilarious bumping this thread with all the: "i judge fights based off of who's balls i wan't in my mouth more, instead of skill sets" crowd

Are you getting dumber?

I hope is a head kick KO, this guy is just a tool

WAR LYOTO

I hope he does too but not sure if he can.

Even if Rockhold is a tool there is no denying that he is pretty well-versed in his striking (he is pretty much the only one that threw a Brazilian kick in MMA so far, a kick that setup the downfall of Bisping in that fight)

Rockhold is pretty good (obviously) but he really hasn't beaten anyone who matters in a long time. His best win is over Jacare for sure, after that I guess it's Bisping or Jardine. He is tall, a southpaw and has a good team so it should be an interesting fight but Machida has to be the favorite.

Still pissed that DC lost. Blaming this guy and his overconfidence. If Cain was the prime training partner, DC wouldn't have gassed so easily nor taken Jones so lightly. Should have known what was what when he was sucking in his gut during the weigh-ins. How GD hard is it to develop some footwork angels and lose the damn fat so you don't have to lose 25lbs in three days to make weight.

That said, he'll train well for his own fight for sure.

dude why are you so butt hurt.. cuz i said he sonned weidman ,

i could say the same thing that weidman never sonner machida either but he clearly won .

but machida did son him had him looking clueless, get weidmans dick out of ur mouth, i like him too lollllll, some people and yes i agree it was a clear cut 49-46 , u happy

Ok, your parents should beat you for trying to use that word like that.

3554092-4776767767-slap-.gif

Well just because you're on another level, doesn't mean you are the level above. The bottom level is also another level =]

I came here to say this minus the smiley face.

Shut up, Luke.

Give my regards to your parents. i have nothing but respect for people who work with mentally ill kids. my neighbors look after their handicapped grandson and my friend's dad works with them at our local school.

I hope you can end up living a halfway decent life with your condition.

Legit Lol

Everyone knows Machidas strength is his timing and movement. He was trying to bait Weidman when he had him backing up but wisely Weidman chose to defend, back off and reset. There's different styles of fighting. I think the real story of that fight was how much Machida was plunked out the first 3 rounds. He must have had Anderson's leg snapping playing through his head.

A confident Lyoto is a destroyer but he's a very fragile it seems. When he loses confidence he loses fights, moreso than most. But his last fight was pretty ballin. Somebody shoop me "How 'Chida Got His Groove Back"

His movement isn't isn't his strength. it used to be against 2nd rate competition. his "movement" is nothing but backing straight up.

His timing is great when he has wrestlers rushing wildly or standing still. he can't counter-strike effectively when he's pressured or fights someone who's good at range. Davis isn't much of a striker but he can fight decently from the outside and it frustrated Lyoto, he didn't land one clean counter.

Even when Machida gets counters served to him on a platter, it still takes him too long to get comfortable.

Give my regards to your parents. i have nothing but respect for people who work with mentally ill kids. my neighbors look after their handicapped grandson and my friend's dad works with them at our local school.

I hope you can end up living a halfway decent life with your condition.

Psychological warfare through keyboard ! You're one skilled Machiavelli, aren't you ?

His movement isn't isn't his strength. it used to be against 2nd rate competition. his "movement" is nothing but backing straight up.

His timing is great when he has wrestlers rushing wildly or standing still. he can't counter-strike effectively when he's pressured or fights someone who's good at range. Davis isn't much of a striker but he can fight decently from the outside and it frustrated Lyoto, he didn't land one clean counter.

Even when Machida gets counters served to him on a platter, it still takes him too long to get comfortable.

jon_jones_wins_the_chess_matchputs_lyoto_machida_to_sleep_to_defend_his_title_at_ufc_.jpg

20140705_110408_weidman.jpg

chris-weidman-lyoto-machida-ufc-1751.jpg

2aeyrsl_jpg.gif

giphy.gif

You're either a troll, an idiot, or a plain fighter-bashing Machida hater if you think his striking and movement aren't great.

Last edited:
I dont disagree with him. I think He isnt given his dues around here cuz He got caught with a ridiculous 'special move'! He's is great everywhere. Lyoto is fantastic! But He get a little too much love around here at times.

I dont disagree with him. I think He isnt given his dues around here cuz He got caught with a ridiculous 'special move'! He's is great everywhere. Lyoto is fantastic! But He get a little too much love around here at times.

Really? How do you think Rockhold would have compared to some of Lyoto's competition? Couture, Rashad, Mousasi, Hendo, Franklin... Do you think Rockhold's "other levelness" beats those guys?

Then compare Lyoto to Rockhold's resume and tell me he isn't the favorite in all of those fights.

Rockhold's a decent fighter but lets be honest here, he hasn't proven himself against the caliber of opponents that Machida has, and he's had about half as many fights. The reason Rockhold isn't as respected as Machida is because he hasn't earned it yet, it's as simple as that.

Back