News Luke Rockhold back in training with hard sparring footage

The narritive that Luke has no chin is a bit stupid to me. He has just not a right idea how to defend his head from punches. And that will leave you open to those homerun shots. Everyone would have been dropped from those shots

They is considered light sparring at AKA

SilentEcstaticBassethound-max-1mb.gif

This is what a normal day looks like over there
This was at Henri hooft's gym (where they spar like maniacs) not AKA (Jav has stated many times that he never allows this type of sparing in his gym)

Its old but you rally see were they go wrong at Aka and ROckhold especially. Nothing bad to spar hard from time to time but go like this is just unnecessary. You can really learn from the greats in KB.

Ramon Dekkers was a monster. He did his pad work at a very high power level, did drills at a high level but often sparred easy because it was to develop skills (timing, distance) and not breaking someone or himself. The same all the great Thais do.

MMA still has a lot of this nonsensical macho attitute and ROckhold is the posterboy for it. At least he was. Meat day at blackzillians was the perfect example. Dumb beyond dumb.
I have to be honest meat day at Blackzilians likely took a year off my life. That was the most brutal sparring I’ve done in my life. Cosmo Alexandre is a meat day legend down there, rarely did we have a meat day without Cosmo KO’ing some poor fool who over committed to blocking a body kick just to get chopped down at the head.

The narritive that Luke has no chin is a bit stupid to me. He has just not a right idea how to defend his head from punches. And that will leave you open to those homerun shots. Everyone would have been dropped from those shots
Oh so Yoel Romero would have been dropped by that left hook from Bisping huh?

Bet Like got KOed after his partner pat him on the back.

I know this is old but fucking idiots. No wonder Luke’s chin is shot

I think that he holds his hands at his waist because he can let his punches go quicker and more powerfully from that position but my god is his chin always on a tee for his opponent fighting like that.

Its old but you rally see were they go wrong at Hooft and ROckhold especially. Nothing bad to spar hard from time to time but go like this is just unnecessary. You can really learn from the greats in KB.

Ramon Dekkers was a monster. He did his pad work at a very high power level, did drills at a high level but often sparred easy because it was to develop skills (timing, distance) and not breaking someone or himself. The same all the great Thais do.

MMA still has a lot of this nonsensical macho attitute and ROckhold is the posterboy for it. At least he was. Meat day at blackzillians was the perfect example. Dumb beyond dumb.
Completely agreed.

This is sparring:

Full contact fighting like the nonsensical brawling session between Wanderlei and Werdum is not sparring, it’s brain damage. You learn nothing by going through with it. Like you said, it’s a dumb, caveman like mentality, “Me Wanderlei, Me strong, Me beat you up in training” that’s still a part of MMA.

Sparring without headgear.....seems like a sound strategy for a fighter whose perceived kryptonite is a paper mache chin.
Head gear doesn't do jack shit for head trauma or preventing knockouts. It's to prevent cuts.

Yea that's old as fekk, I remember seeing it back in the day...

I don't know how you can train away a glass jaw.... should stay retired

Luke dropping his hands when the heat turns up, sounds bout right

Good thing he towers Jackson and not the MWs he will be facing in the octo to get away with that piss poor defense.

Last edited:
Back