News Luke Rockhold back in training with hard sparring footage

Oh so Yoel Romero would have been dropped by that left hook from Bisping huh?

Yoel has an incredible chin but it could have also dropped him I believe. Rockhold did not even see it coming. It is just that Yoel does not bring himself in situations like that. And yes I do think that Yoels chin is better than Rockhold and better than 99% of the roster for that matter, so yes youre right on that.

Its old but you rally see were they go wrong at Hooft and ROckhold especially. Nothing bad to spar hard from time to time but go like this is just unnecessary. You can really learn from the greats in KB.

Ramon Dekkers was a monster. He did his pad work at a very high power level, did drills at a high level but often sparred easy because it was to develop skills (timing, distance) and not breaking someone or himself. The same all the great Thais do.

MMA still has a lot of this nonsensical macho attitute and ROckhold is the posterboy for it. At least he was. Meat day at blackzillians was the perfect example. Dumb beyond dumb.
Right and the thing is that a hard sparring day should be prepared for on a set day preferably in a ring or cage possibly wearing headgear for cuts etc and the hard sparring should be treated like how you will fight not a brawl

This on the other hand which as you mentioned seems common place at Blackzillians is losing control and ego, tit for tat hard sparring which has no purpose, they didnt get any better from it and they had disregard for anyone else sparring close nearby because they wanted to show each other who the man was

Strange as well how much Conor is practically fetishised yet noone takes any of his training philosophies on board "upgrade the software without damaging the hardware" and if you see hard sparring footage its controlled in the cage and isnt a brawl it is just sparring but throwing faster and harder to get used to that timing

Head gear doesn't do jack shit for head trauma or preventing knockouts. It's to prevent cuts.

I read about that. But from personal experience with a higher level headgear I feel a distinct difference in how my head feels afterwards. Not with the cheap stuff. I do wonder if all these observations were made just in a different time with worse gear. Besides that it not only protects the skin but very important the nose and bones in general. You dont want an orbital fracture or jaw dislocation because of a hard sparring.

There is a reason hard punchers out of Middle/South america often use headgear in practice. Like Juan Manuel Marquez. And they are as tough as they come

This is very recent. From within the last few days. Those boys are fighting. Luke is back]

Uploaded Jan 9, 2019

'Well I've said it once before but it bears repeating now.'

Sparring without headgear.....seems like a sound strategy for a fighter whose perceived kryptonite is a paper mache chin.

head gear is way worse because it fucks with your head movement and you get hit by shit you normally wouldn't.

That is considered light sparring at AKA

SilentEcstaticBassethound-max-1mb.gif

This is what a normal day looks like over there
<45>

Looks exactly the same as he always has, very fast and heavy kicks, but no head movement or boxing skills.

He should be professionally good looking instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back