Social Louisiana child kicked out of class because parents are same-sex couple

So Fresh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Louisiana child kicked out of class because parents are same-sex couple
A Louisiana five-year-old was allegedly forced out of her kindergarten class at a religious school because her parents are a same-sex couple.

Emily and Jennie Parker said they were informed by school officials at the Bible Baptist Academy in DeQuincy, Louisiana, during a meeting with the school’s director and a pastor that their same-sex relationship did not follow the teachings of the school and that they would need to find a new school for their daughter, Zoey.

“We got called into the principal’s office for a meeting, they informed us that Zoey wouldn’t be able to go to school there anymore because of our lifestyle choices,” said Jennifer Parker, 31, to KPLC, a local news affiliate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...rten-class-kicked-out-parents-same-sex-couple

I mean basically this is a blessing cause who wants their kids at this terrible school. But is this even legal? Can a school in the US discriminate like this?

A Louisiana five-year-old was allegedly forced out of her kindergarten class at a religious school because her parents are a same-sex couple.

Emily and Jennie Parker said they were informed by school officials at the Bible Baptist Academy in DeQuincy, Louisiana, during a meeting with the school’s director and a pastor that their same-sex relationship did not follow the teachings of the school and that they would need to find a new school for their daughter, Zoey.

“We got called into the principal’s office for a meeting, they informed us that Zoey wouldn’t be able to go to school there anymore because of our lifestyle choices,” said Jennifer Parker, 31, to KPLC, a local news affiliate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...rten-class-kicked-out-parents-same-sex-couple

I mean basically this is a blessing cause who wants their kids at this terrible school. But is this even legal? Can a school in the US discriminate like this?

Yes, they can discriminate like this, there have been recent court decisions on this, and its good that they can. Although one would think a kid from this background would need a bit of religion more than most.

if its a public school then burn the people down who kicked the kid out but if its private they have every right to do it.

you have to wonder at the motives of the parents of this child too, possibly using the kid as political theatre and fodder.

edit- the above statement it wrong.. they had good reason to continue to send their child there even though it is ultimately misguided.

Last edited:

...yes, RELIGIOUS SCHOOLS can discriminate via their RELIGIOUS beliefs.

holy mother of fucking herp derp

Has to be more to the story, but the kid should be allowed to attend based on that..

It's a private religion based school so yes they can. They can also fire teachers if they don't live up to the moral clause.

What happened to as you've done for the least of us you've done for me.... doesn't seem very Christian to me at all
i cant relate to this at all frankly. no christian group in history would have allowed homosexual unions internal to their communities. its a pretty solid tenet of the religion that homosexuality is a sin and its not like christiantiy had not been exposed to all kinds of varieties of homoxexuality from its begining bieng ruled over by rome and surrounded by other pagan cultures ffs.

starting a private school is motivated by being able to bring kids up in a moral and religious environment that supports and engenders christian ideals. ive got my daughter in a christian private school for that reason, pay nearly 800 dollars a month for tuition and enjoy the peace of mind knowing my daughter will not be indoctrinated with ideals i do not share.

@emefer
@Gutter Chris

you have to wonder at the motives of the parents of this child too, possibly using the kid as political theatre and fodder.

I doubt it, sounds like they wouldn't even have her if both her parents weren't dead.

The Parkers recently adopted Zoey, who is Jennie’s niece, after her father died in a workplace accident in September 2020.

“She lost her father, she lost her mother and now she’s losing her school which she loves very much,” said Jennie to KPLC.

Zoey had previously attended pre-school at Bible Baptist Academy, where, the couple told NBC News, Zoey had many friends and teachers she liked. The Parkers said that after Zoey’s exclusion from the school, they have received widespread support from the community.

The couple also said they have received several offers from other local Christian schools for Zoey to start her kindergarten year.

“It’s a blessing in disguise,” said Jennie to KPLC. “We have an opportunity to bring her to a school which is a little closer and it’s a new opportunity for her to make new friends.”

Since I am one of the few on here that is pro business and dont change that belief depending on the team.
Its a private school. Does it suck, sure!
If it was a public school, then I would be up in arms about it, but a private school has their own rules and if one of them is its Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve, then send the kid to public schools.

Back