Lost Respect for Rogan/Long History of Shilling

Joe still pushing "t-bol in coke is pulsing for 7 years" theory is an "all time " shilling. Uncle Dana set Joe for life, he's a puppet.
He’s clearly not a puppet.

I dont think he is a shill at all lol. The guy makes millions off of his podcast and standup. UFC is probably more of a hobby at this point..

I just think he likes Jon a lot, and he is biased as fuck in that regard. The same thing with him refusing to admit Amy Shumer steals jokes yet he ruined Mencia's career. If Joe likes you he will defend you. He doesnt care about Lesnar taking roids either.

rogans comedy is terrible

hes also middle aged and dresses like a teenager

He was a big celebrity before UFC, now UFC is his main gig. He was only genuine in the OLD days, but now UFC owns him

UFC isn't his main gig. His podcast and his standup are his main gigs.

What a bunch of whiney cunts itt. Shame on you.

WGar.gif

rogans comedy is terrible
Whenever Joe has an actual comedian on his show, they make a joke and it goes over his head. They will say something deliberately absurd and he's like "no, that's definitely not possible". And then the comedian is looking at him like....is this guy for real?

The Theo Von podcast is a good example. He starts getting Jamie to look up the jokes that Theo is making. He's got to be one of the dumbest and least funny motherfuckers on the planet.

Meh, I listen to and enjoy the podcasts I'm interested in.

Not interested in whatever he's selling though.

because he still has, i don't know, like forty years of life left to live. what happens if he falls out of public favor, and people stop listening to his podcast, and he's out of his lucrative ufc gig? he'd end up like his pal jimmy smith, out of a job. at least with joe, he does have his stand-up. i personally don't find him funny, but he does make great money with that.

He has the biggest podcast around and makes a killing. Every year it gets more lucrative. There is no reason to think that’s going away anytime soon. What he makes with the UFC is chump change in comparison.

He is already worth almost 30 million dollars, and his net worth is growing every year. He is already set for life. If you think he’s at all concerned about his commentating job for financial reasons you are mistaken. In fact you could argue that he would be better off quitting and focusing more on other endeavors that are far more lucrative.

He continues working with the UFC because he cares about the organization. It’s more or less a favor for Dana. That is all. He almost quit years ago, but Dana convinced him to stay and just do less shows. He would much rather just watch the fights as a fan. This narrative that Joe Rogan needs the UFC is completely laughable.

As a UFC employee and fan, of course Rogan is not going to just endlessly shit-talk the UFC, but to call him a shill is to be ignorant or wilfully blind.

just off the top of my head, Rogan has been highly critical of the UFC in a number of ways:

- the way current fighters are (mis)handled (e.g. Nunes, both Diaz bros, Cyborg)
- pettiness in not signing people (e.g. Askren, which finally happened)
- the UFC letting top fighters go (e.g. Rory and Gegard)
- the matchmaking, even openly mocking it at times ("No offense but I don’t even know who Sijara Eubanks is and I’m the commentator for the UFC")
- fighter pay overall, but also components such as the win-bonus system.
- parts of the USADA protocol (24/7 whereabouts, cases of sketchy testers showing up, releasing flagged results with zero details, which has finally changed)

Also, if Rogan is a 'shill', why would he endlessly compliment other orgs, their fighters, etc? He has long praised they way One FC has clamped down on weight cutting and implemented hydration testing. he's been endlessly critical about the gloves used by the UFC.

does Rogan seem to be biased at times? sure, ok. to call him a shill is to cherry pick those times and ignore all the instances where he strongly disagrees with what the UFC is doing.

Bellator is a stupid namex20
The name isn't great but it's not stupid, and Joe sure loved poking fun at bellator over their name.

Joe telling bellator fighters he wishes they were in the UFC every time they get on. Like wtf? He knows theyre contracted and can't go anywhere. Bringing up the UFC like that only makes bellator seem like its the minor leagues.

Making fun of dada/kimbo but ignoring bad ufc fights(its a long list).

Joe had to say something after they handled Nunes. If he didn't, people would have been on his neck more for all that Rousey butt kissing he did. He did it to save face for himself.

Rogan isn't a complete shill, but people need to stop acting like he's some mma ambassador. He's UFC first and always will be.

Rogan has always been that way. Nothing wrong with that.

But the "unbiased grand poobah of MMA" crown he has anointed himself with lately wears thin.

What books do you listen to? Or radio? Or just watch movies and tv shows? Just curious.

When I’m out of the house I usually listen to music on my iPod or CBC radio. At home I’m usually watching random stuff on Netflix while perusing the internet and playing games on my iPad.

Joe has always been a shill.

This is nothing new.

You can sometimes almost here him reading off the latest UFC corporate talking points. e.g. "the myth of Fedor". "RR may be the greatest athlete in the history of humankind".

he tries to act anti-establishment but he is the establishment.

it is what it is. I still like Joe as a commentator. I don't listen to his broadcast (I sometimes read summaries here) or watch his stand up.

Back