1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

losing strength

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by HitmanNO.1, Jan 30, 2006.

1. HitmanNO.1

HitmanNO.1 Blue Belt

in the past few weeks my numbers have dropped, I was wondering how I can build back up to where I was at. Im guessing that my not eating as much and being sick contributed to this. What can I do to get back to where I was??

2. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

If you've been sick, take a few days off and then build back up slowly. Don't dive right back into heavy weights after a lay-off though

3. cabal

cabal Brown Belt

Rest a week-

4. Lusst

Lusst Red Belt

What kind of illness are you getting over? The flu whips my ass, and takes a couple weeks to get me back up to par.

5. graedy

graedy Brown Belt

If you hit a plateau or you numbers even drop its time to change your routine.

6. PariahCarey

PariahCarey Purple Belt

-track your progess both short term and long term; this way if you backslide as long as you know long term your progessing you'll be less likely to beat the shit out of yourself...my progress at the end of the year looks like a stock market chart, it slopes up but there are a few dips down along the way. Its ok to step away from the battle to win the war. Training is a life long journey.

7. rickdog

rickdog Purple Belt

Take a rest..... Probably just burnt out. Consider uping your protein and overall caloric consumption and possibly switch up your workout a bit.

8. Ongy

Ongy Purple Belt

I'm going through a bit of a funny stage at the moment where I am losing strength but I think that this might have something to do with the fact that I'm not eating too well at the moment. I don't think that my increase in the amount of cardio that I have been doing has helped either.