Lorenz Larkins says putting him on Fight Pass is "stupid" decision

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"It's the stupidest thing I've seen in a while and I don't understand it whatsoever. I get that from a business aspect, they want to sell more subscriptions, but as a fighter, it makes no sense to put that type of fight on the early prelims. Man...I don't even know what to say. It's just stupid.

This fight, Cub Swanson's fight—those are main card material. At the very least, and I'm not crazy about this either, it's a prelim bout for FOX Sports 1. Come on, these aren't Fight Pass fights.

Anytime I'm asked to comment on anything, I try to look at it from a fighter's aspect and a business aspect, so I'm not being the "dumb fighter" that's talking out of his ass. That said, I do understand they're trying to sell subscriptions, but from a fighter's point of view, I have to wonder what it does for me. How does this benefit me?

This card is potentially going to be the biggest card of the year. It's probably going to beat UFC 200, but that exposure won't really be there for me. My fight will be over early and I'll be in the stands waiting on everybody else to get in the building [laughs]."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/9...o-put-his-fight-with-neil-magny-on-fight-pass

*Larkin, but I 100% agree. He should be on the main card, that is a badass fight that I now have to watch on Shite Pass.

I'll be watching regardless, but I see where he's coming from. Main card talent on a Fight Pass stage, IMO.

ONE HUNDRED percent agreed! Lorenz is pure, just bleed!

akiPX6x.gif

They should put Sage instead. It's an honour for him to be on Fight Pass, it's amazing and he's just happy to be here.

And he's only 19.

Last edited:
I just realized Lorenz a ghetto way of saying Lawrence

holy fuck LoL.

He should be happy. Just fewer people watching Magny kick his ass.

Well considering that guys like Chris Petry and Obama Wasabi ended up on the maincard, he scores a point.

Is this one those situations where you weird US people say "racism"?

I love the fights on Fight Pass for the pacing, the speed is amazing compared the rest of the card. It's getting to point where the main event on Fight Pass may be a better position than a lower tier on the main card. The UFC is working the promotion of it pretty hard right now.

He shouldn't complain , getting paid either way. The best fight of the last fight night was on fight pass , Swanson-Kawajiri.

I can see where Larkin is coming from, I think his fight with Magny has FOTN potential.

But headlining the fightpass portion shouldn't be looked down upon, means the UFC thinks highly of you.

He shouldn't complain , getting paid either way. The best fight of the last fight night was on fight pass , Swanson-Kawajiri.
That's his point. It may be the best fight of the night but no one will see it and he won't even get a bonus for it

That's his point. It may be the best fight of the night but no one will see it and he won't even get a bonus for it
Yeah. But UFC is really pushing fight pass and wants a main card caliber fight on it.

It sucks cuz its less exposure for the fighters. It be cooler if they headlined the prelims free on fs1. But magny/larkin really should be on main card. I get the ufc is a business and they want to make more money with fight pass. But people already pay for ppv and they arent cheap. Then to put an added ppv early on sucks

They will be fighting in an empty arena. Pretty sickening at their level

I agree. It sort of makes sense if you look at it from the UFC's standpoint. I'm guessing they're trying to draw attention to Fight Pass and get rid of the stigma that it's only a platform for lower level fighters.

Back