looks like Joe Duffy is still in UFC, he got a rumoured fight in the works

War Duffy.

9mWhRb.gif

Crazy how differently their careers have turned out.

He is only on 20/20??? DAMN!!!! That is unbelieveable considering he was to HL Dublin and is the key to the biggest MMA fanbase in the world after Conor is gone. Fighters like Larkin are a dime a dozen in US but in Ireland, there is just Conor and Duffy....and Irish fans are the only ones that have shown they will shell out for plane tickets etc. Plus, if he went to Bellator, he would be made into a big star as they are really going after the Irish market, signing up every SBG prospect and putting on shows there.

ppl like gunnar and moose can move a few tickets also, but your right, there aren't a lot of upcoming irish fighters in the UFC at the moment. on the other hand irish fans will go see fights regardless of who's fighting, more readily than in other places.

They can't show that, they don't have rights to the footage.

Also, he didn't "smash him". He just subbed him.

I dunno man, the ref intervenes otherwise you go to dead land. It's not like they can intervene when a KO blow lands.

Surprised they didn't give him someone tougher if it's the last fight on his contract. He could very likely end up using Madadi as more highlight reel fodder.

Was kinda expecting the UFC to feed him to some unknown killer like Taisumov.

Very good fight, assuming this is a UFN card it'll be on the main card. I'd lean towards Duffy by UD.

Hope it's for the interim interim LW belt.

And yeah, these guys need a union. Dana gives super gay Northcutt 45-45 starting in his 2nd fight and he's been gifted no name, Home Depot part timers to just blitz.

On the basis of being a vet simply on fight record, Duffy deserves a higher base pay.

Duffy getting another low level opponent. He fucks madadi up where ever the fight goes .. why make such a mismatch? Duffy should fight Lauzon, Magomedov or Miller type of guys.

i think larkin was on like a 39k/39k so he probably wanted like 100k per fight

Duffy is only on like a 20k/20k deal and is 3-1 in the ufc, so i think he should expect something like 30k/30k

Yea, maybe but nobody knows for sure except the fighters their managers and the UFC.

Back