looks like Joe Duffy is still in UFC, he got a rumoured fight in the works

This is his last fight on the current deal.

The problem was the UFC was holding out on a fight till he signed a new contract, but Duff didn't like the terms.

He plans to test the market after this fight.

If he gets a win in a fun way I don't see the UFC letting him go.

This is his last fight on the current deal.

The problem was the UFC was holding out on a fight till he signed a new contract, but Duff didn't like the terms.

He plans to test the market after this fight.

If he gets a win in a fun way I don't see the UFC letting him go.
I wouldn't be so sure, Larkin starched Magny and the UFC didn't give a shit.

I wouldn't be so sure, Larkin starched Magny and the UFC didn't give a shit.

It depends on the price tag Duffy asks for. Larkin likely asked for way too high of a number and the UFC has to afford an entire roster of contracts.

It depends on the price tag Duffy asks for. Larkin likely asked for way too high of a number and the UFC has to afford an entire roster of contracts.
i think larkin was on like a 39k/39k so he probably wanted like 100k per fight

Duffy is only on like a 20k/20k deal and is 3-1 in the ufc, so i think he should expect something like 30k/30k

Duffy is only on like a 20k/20k deal and is 3-1 in the ufc, so i think he should expect something like 30k/30k
I think he'll be looking for something more like 50/50k

I think the Conor thing could be a factor.

Bellator showing Duffy smashing Conor every other fight might not be cool.

They can't show that, they don't have rights to the footage.

Also, he didn't "smash him". He just subbed him.

War Duffy.

9mWhRb.gif

I think the Conor thing could be a factor.

Bellator showing Duffy smashing Conor every other fight might not be cool.
it wouldn't be cool but it wouldn't be a problem either, everybody they show on those highlights has been merked by somebody in the UFC, they're not fooling anybody.

Larkin situation was a bit different, he was on a lucrative Strikeforce contract and had a win over Robbie Lawler

WAR DUFFY!

Hope he puts on an amazing performance and the UFC gives him a decent contract to stay.

He is only on 20/20??? DAMN!!!! That is unbelieveable considering he was to HL Dublin and is the key to the biggest MMA fanbase in the world after Conor is gone. Fighters like Larkin are a dime a dozen in US but in Ireland, there is just Conor and Duffy....and Irish fans are the only ones that have shown they will shell out for plane tickets etc. Plus, if he went to Bellator, he would be made into a big star as they are really going after the Irish market, signing up every SBG prospect and putting on shows there.

Hope so.

Duffy is highly skilled & fun to watch.

Back