Looking to Lose 40 to 50 pounds

Newark FTL!
Get outta there! I used to live in Bayonne, JC. All of them cities suck up north Jersey. I grew up in North Bergen...the most corrupted town.

Ok,

So how about if I write down and develop my plan of eating and exercise and then ask for your opinions on it? I assume it would be a lot more helpful for me and easier to ask for advice.

Newark FTL!
Get outta there! I used to live in Bayonne, JC. All of them cities suck up north Jersey. I grew up in North Bergen...the most corrupted town.

Trust me I would. I hate this place. Its just garbage and crackheads. Its so depressing and ghetto. I'm actually picking up my PS3 copy of MGS4 in NYC rather then get it at a place a block from my apt. Luckily NYC is amazing and we can always drive back to Philly. Trust me if it wasn't for law school (and the fact it is fairly safe here right next to the pru center) I would be nowhere near this shit hole. lol

Ok,

So how about if I write down and develop my plan of eating and exercise and then ask for your opinions on it? I assume it would be a lot more helpful for me and easier to ask for advice.

Thats better. Then you can also probably post your workout routine over at the S&P if you dare :icon_twis

Thats better. Then you can also probably post your workout routine over at the S&P if you dare :icon_twis

Fair enough. Besides oddly enough I actually love planning things (vacations, av setups) so with the info at hand I should be able to get a good game plan with proper feedback, so I don't screw something up.

Also so true about Newark. I love walking, but i just go into Chinatown in NYC and walk around there because unlike Newark, I don't have to fear for my life or crackhead rape.

Thanks!

this is what I've used with some success. not sure how everyone would do on this, but it works for me.

bottom line is lean meats, veggies and fruits. don't let it get complicated.

meal 1 - 5 whole eggs + 1 cup spinach + 1 apple

meal 2 - protein shake + 1/4 cup blueberries

meal 3 - 8oz lean beef + 2 cups brocolli + 2 Tbs olive oil

meal 4 - protein shake + 1 Tbs almond butter

meal 5 - 8oz lean beef + 2 cups brocolli + 2 Tbs olive oil

weights 3-4 days/week
cardio 4-5 days/week

as you stop losing weight you will need to reduce calories a bit and/or cardio 2x/day.

You said you forget/suck at game planning; so my advice is to form a routine. Go to the gym 3/4x (or whatever) a week, and stick to it. Go at a set time every (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun - or whatever). From my experience, you won't need motivation this way - you'll just do it. Worked for me.

As for how to work out - lift heavy (google: 5x5 program or Rippetoe Starting Strength program) and run. Don't know how to do a certain exercise? Type it in here: Search ExRx.net (Exercise Prescription on the Net) Also, check this out http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/fat-weight-loss-techniques-risk-vs-benefits-366419/

Speed and Likkuid

Thank you very much. That is the model type I needed. I really appreciate you help. It will come to great use. I'll start a new thread to chart my progress and plans so I people can criticize it or give any advice. I think the idea of making it rote will help a lot.

Thanks!

No, I mean I've been having trouble finding a plan that I feel works and fits in with my schedule. The problem is the net can be a bit of an info dump in trying to find a good plan

this is an issue as no plan that we can help you with will ever fit your schedule. you're going to have to learn to build your life around your goals. it's a rough road ahead, but you've made the first few steps.. which is more than most ever take.

Well Here is my weight loss plan so far:

Meal One:I tried four Eggland Eggs with (pam sprayed) some salt and Tabasco sauce with two piece of weight watchers bread toast with spray butter and two or three cups of water

I have to get some veggies at the supermarket today. Do peppers and onions work just as well as I really love them as opposed to broc or spinach.

Meal Two: Tunafish with some apple vinegar, low fat mayo (a spoon full) with Montreal Steak seasoning for added flavor and about 4 to 6 broken up triscuits along with 2 glasses of water and one water bottle with sugar free fat free crystal light flavoring.

Any comments so far?

I plan to do an hour work out: 1/2 an hour on the tread mill and a 1/2 an hour lifting weights.

this is an issue as no plan that we can help you with will ever fit your schedule. you're going to have to learn to build your life around your goals. it's a rough road ahead, but you've made the first few steps.. which is more than most ever take.

Thank you I appreciate it. Luckily my summer classes are all at night and my internship is spent walking around NYC's Chinatown, so at the moment my schedule is actually on my side. Hopefully my first few steps are good ones.

Well Here is my weight loss plan so far:

Meal One:I tried four Eggland Eggs with (pam sprayed) some salt and Tabasco sauce with two piece of weight watchers bread toast with spray butter and two or three cups of water

I have to get some veggies at the supermarket today. Do peppers and onions work just as well as I really love them as opposed to broc or spinach.

Meal Two: Tunafish with some apple vinegar, low fat mayo (a spoon full) with Montreal Steak seasoning for added flavor and about 4 to 6 broken up triscuits along with 2 glasses of water and one water bottle with sugar free fat free crystal light flavoring.

Any comments so far?

I plan to do an hour work out: 1/2 an hour on the tread mill and a 1/2 an hour lifting weights.

Broccoli and spinach are better. For one, chiles are a fruit. You can get bagged spinach and frozen broccoli. Just make sure to use the spinach within a week or it might go bad.

Broccoli and spinach are better. For one, chiles are a fruit. You can get bagged spinach and frozen broccoli. Just make sure to use the spinach within a week or it might go bad.

Hmm, I have a really bad taste aversion to both of those (as in they make me barf, literally) would the green sup help out here or are the any other veggies (lettuce even) that I can sub in?

Well since my apt's gym is locked and my landlord owes me a key. I walked up and down 9 flights of stairs once and then fast walked the hallway of my floor for about 50 minutes.

I have two 5lb weights in my apt. Any tips on effective lifting exercises with only using small weights (since I can't access the gym).

TIA

Now I just need to figure out dinner.

Back