Looking to Lose 40 to 50 pounds

gfanikf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey,

I weigh about 243 and I want to get to 190-200 for my wedding in August (I'm also 24 years old 25 in July and around 6ft even). Now I actually can shed about 20-30 a month I know it sounds crazy, but I've done it before only using weight watchers point system (I just used the calculator online and a pdf meal guide). However, I figured I should just ask people who know how to handle this type of stuff. So basically I'm open to all ideas and techniques (well that aren't dangerous or unhealthy or use weird ass supplements that killed a baseball player). So please I would love all the help you can give. Heck, turn it into a project to validate your system I'm game. I just want to create a diet and exercise regiment that will work.

TIA

Stop ttt'ing. Why dont you post your diet and exercise now so people can work with you. Otherwise...search around or look at the FAQ. Read the 7 habits. That has helped me and a ton of other people on here.

Stop ttt'ing. Why dont you post your diet and exercise now so people can work with you. Otherwise...search around or look at the FAQ. Read the 7 habits. That has helped me and a ton of other people on here.

Thats the thing the only diet I have been using is weight watchers with around 24 points a day and I try and do about 1hr on a bike and treadmill every two days. Sorry didn't paste that in the earlier part of the thread. I do take fiber supps (citrceal) but that is about it. I figure I don't get enough greens, and my diet in reality isn't that good because I have issues sticking to it. Mostly because I suck at planning out meals and exercising.

isn't weight watchers one of those diets where you just cut calories drastically, and then when you're off weight watchers you gain it all back?

isn't weight watchers one of those diets where you just cut calories drastically, and then when you're off weight watchers you gain it all back?

In theory you are supposed to maintain it with a set calorie level afterwords, but I never read that much material associated with it.

Well I dont think anyone is just gonna give you a meal plan to follow. But ill give you a cheat. People post their daily meals so maybe if you search around you can copy someone else's. Im def not gonna give you a meal plan to follow unless you pay me. :)

so wait.. you have a hard time remembering to, or being able to, eat properly and exercise in a proper manner on a regular basis?

i think you need to deal with this problem before you start asking any questions on here.

if you want to lose the weight, it will be hard.

if you want to exercise correctly, it will be hard.

if you're not into doing anything with that requires any sort of mental toughness or effort, best wishes.

Well I dont think anyone is just gonna give you a meal plan to follow. But ill give you a cheat. People post their daily meals so maybe if you search around you can copy someone else's. Im def not gonna give you a meal plan to follow unless you pay me. :)

Oh thats fine I just meant more along the lines of how much exercise a day is enough in combo with a good diet (what ever that is) to help lose the weight). I appreciate the tip though :)

Read it from the top to bottom, and concentrate on the link that says:(This is a MUST READ for all)

Ok I will thank you.

if you want to lose the weight, it will be hard.

if you want to exercise correctly, it will be hard.

I know, I just want to lose the weight and be happy for the wedding (which is August 31) for my fiancee and myself, even if it really means pushing myself. My problem is I just suck at game planing.

How hard is it to cut your starchy carbs, increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat, and increase the amount of lean protein?

SRSLY

funny-dog-pictures-balance-coffee-cup.jpg

You're not sticking to your diet and you can't remember to workout? There's an entire internet out there full of information you can use, and your asking someone to just tell you exactly what to do. Do you see anything wrong with this?

I think you need some PERSONAL accountability, some cajones, and you need to forget every excuse.

Good luck, but luck has absolutely nothing to do with it.

How hard is it to cut your starchy carbs, increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat, and increase the amount of lean protein?

SRSLY

funny-dog-pictures-balance-coffee-cup.jpg

I live in Newark* so the fresh anything selection is actually quite bad. Usually I bring fruit and veggies back from outside Philly when we visit our parents and for wedding planning (getting out of Newark is always a plus). It's often hard to find any fruit or veggies here that are in good condition or quality.

*I go to Seton Hall Law and my fiancee commutes to Two Penn Plaza as an Asst Editor, we want to move to NYC and am only here my law school time (we lived before moving outside Philly). So for the diatribe. It's just embarrassing saying you live in Newark.

You're not sticking to your diet and you can't remember to workout? There's an entire internet out there full of information you can use, and your asking someone to just tell you exactly what to do. Do you see anything wrong with this?

I think you need some PERSONAL accountability, some cajones, and you need to forget every excuse.

Good luck, but luck has absolutely nothing to do with it.

No, I mean I've been having trouble finding a plan that I feel works and fits in with my schedule. The problem is the net can be a bit of an info dump in trying to find a good plan

I live in Newark* so the fresh anything selection is actually quite bad. Usually I bring fruit and veggies back from outside Philly when we visit our parents and for wedding planning (getting out of Newark is always a plus). It's often hard to find any fruit or veggies here that are in good condition or quality.

*I go to Seton Hall Law and my fiancee commutes to Two Penn Plaza as an Asst Editor, we want to move to NYC and am only here my law school time (we lived before moving outside Philly). So for the diatribe. It's just embarrassing saying you live in Newark.

There's bound to be a farmer's market somewhere around you. Stop making excuses and do what it takes to reach your goals.

There's bound to be a farmer's market somewhere around you. Stop making excuses and do what it takes to reach your goals.

There isn't I looked. I figure I'll just go into NYC once a week to get the required greens and fruits.

Back