Looking for new city to live

Doesn't it rain there loads?

If I was normal by western standards and liked liberalism and not fanatical I would like to try living there. It also snows but not all winter. I imagine like it is like Twilight movie tonw of pale white women which I like. I also follow Jessica lowndes and she from there always posting pictures looks nice

TX or FL….more TX
Anything will seem like heaven after Jersey City..<Moves>

It would really help if you told us things you liked, what you were looking for, what you are looking to spend. You know, details. Otherwise people are just gonna shout out random shit.

If I was normal by western standards and liked liberalism and not fanatical I would like to try living there. It also snows but not all winter. I imagine like it is like Twilight movie tonw of pale white women which I like. I also follow Jessica lowndes and she from there always posting pictures looks nice
Rain just pisses me off. I lived in England till 10 years ago. I've had enough of rain, I'd rather snow. At least it looks pretty.
NorCal weather has been a dream.

Don't listen to those recommending Baltimore. It's a shit hole. You'd be better off living in the DC Suburbs (Northern VA or Montgomery County, MD). Better job opportunities with higher wages. You also have the Federal Government jobs which have decent pensions. The cost of living is higher than Baltimore, but at least you're not living in that crime infested City. I use to go to Orioles game and the Inner Harbor, but now I avoid it like the plague.

Gotta say, I really enjoy Virginia. Richmond is a really laid back, mid-sized city. Great beer, great food, great music scene. Pretty decent nightlife if you're into that sort of thing. The Blue Ridge mountains are about an hour's drive west, the beach is an hour east and DC is about two hours north (depending on traffic). Relatively low cost of living compared to the northeast.

Depends how much money you have and how much you make. If you live in Jersey City it's safe to assume you do OK, but not so well you live in Manhattan. So I'd assume that like Laguna Beach or Newport CA is off the table but other than that most places are doable.

Beyond that it depends what you're into. I love French food, friendly people, and walkable neighborhoods, so I love Montreal, but I don't like extreme cold so IDK if I could live there. I enjoy Tampa/St. Petes, but the the whole state around it is basically a Mad Max movie full of Meth and Gators so I don't know if that would be a fit.

What are you into, what are you looking for?

If you can go outside the US I would consider Australia. Any major city should do. Growing economy, great beaches, great food, only problem is hot as shit for half the year & wildfires.

Sydney
upload_2021-7-21_8-46-8.jpeg

upload_2021-7-21_8-46-57.jpeg

You know what fuck it, IM moving there. Just don’t get eaten by a shark & try to buy some decent real estate before the Chinese buy it all. Xoxo

I vote for:

Fries, Virginia
Briny Breezes, Florida
Hurt, Virginia

Or
Canadian, Texas

Gotta say, I really enjoy Virginia. Richmond is a really laid back, mid-sized city. Great beer, great food, great music scene. Pretty decent nightlife if you're into that sort of thing. The Blue Ridge mountains are about an hour's drive west, the beach is an hour east and DC is about two hours north (depending on traffic). Relatively low cost of living compared to the northeast.
Isn’t Richmond a bit diverse?

Isn’t Richmond a bit diverse?

I guess you could say that. If I remember correctly, the demographics are about 45% white, 45% black and the rest are mostly east asian, hispanic/latino and middle eastern. There's some small expat communities like Jamaicans, Cameroonians, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc.

How much money do you make?

You would live pretty well here with about 1,000 USD at month. 2K and you are rich.

Doesn't it rain there loads?
They film most movies and TV shows set in Seattle there, mainly because it's cheaper, but also it helps fulfill the stereotype about rain and sludge and shit. Seattle does rain a lot in the winter, but not as much or as hard as Vancouver, and Seattle also has nice, dry summers. Vancouver gets about 6 inches (154mm) more rain than Seattle each year. Seattle is also considerably warmer and a bit sunnier.

They film most movies and TV shows set in Seattle there, mainly because it's cheaper, but also it helps fulfill the stereotype about rain and sludge and shit. Seattle does rain a lot in the winter, but not as much or as hard as Vancouver, and Seattle also has nice, dry summers. Vancouver gets about 6 inches (154mm) more rain than Seattle each year. Seattle is also considerably warmer and a bit sunnier.
I did 34 years of English rain, I deserve a break dammit.

Back