Looking for new city to live

Texas and other spots in the south/southwest are pretty cheap, but I don't know what it is like living there.

What do you want in a city? What type of people? Do you care about homeless?

Portland is great but has a lot of homeless problems. The easy access to nature can't be beat though.

Nashville is damned nice, and has a lot of tech jobs. No state income tax, either.

Lots of good places in Florida. No state income tax there. Not all of the beachy places are over-priced yet.

Texas has a lot of great places that are not Dallas or Houston. Austin is a great place. Ft. Worth is clean and nice. Galveston is cool.

Baghdad is a nice place.

Also Tehran.

You could always move to Miami. Just don't buy a condo in a high rise.

My job has officially been designated as WFH and HR has given me the green light to relocate if I desire.

I've been living in Jersey City for the past 6 years and making the commute to NYC for work the whole time.

I'm m pretty much done with this whole scene.

I'm looking for a new place to live (preferably a decently sized city) but there are so many to choose from.

So I'm looking for advice or recommendations on where to go.

So far I've taken a good look at Chicago, Austin, and Dallas. But ai just didn't click with any of those places.

In a week I will be going to Seattle and then Portland to see if I catch the wave of those places.

What do you guys think?
Medellin, Colombia.

medellin-digital-nomads.jpg

https://digitalnomads.world/city-guide/medellin/

You could always move to Miami. Just don't buy a condo in a high rise.
Never been to Miami but from all of the things I've seen, heard, and read about it it sounds like a pretty miserable place unless you want to indulge in the trashy/fake night life.

Try Tulsa. Surprisingly decent imo

Things are expensive near Seattle such as housing and gas. Also, the homeless have gotten out of control, actual human feces on sidewalks and buildings along with the syringes. If you want to carry heroin around you can, it’s legal under a certain amount. The city is not at all what it used to be.

What do you want in a city? What type of people? Do you care about homeless?

Portland is great but has a lot of homeless problems. The easy access to nature can't be beat though.
It USED to be great. Just go farther south like Beaverton or Tigard. Don't live in P town.

Drove up there right after the riots to see all the damage done. What a fucking mess now.

I'd suggest watching CNN for a few days then you'll get a feel for which states are full of racists, retards, anti-science turds. Paying attention to which states the corrupt Congressmen/women are from also helps. This could be life or death if there's a deadlier COVID variant.

Forget about the city. Country life is where it’s at!

Reactions: lsa
Never been to Miami but from all of the things I've seen, heard, and read about it it sounds like a pretty miserable place unless you want to indulge in the trashy/fake night life.

Florida/Miami sucks. Stay the hell away from here, it's a friggin hell hole <DirkMavs><{Heymansnicker}><{coachie}>

Forget about the city. Country life is where it’s at!
I like the country. The quiet, secluded, small population life sounds appealing. But I don't knkw if I have the skills and experience to live out there. I've been in cities my how life. My mind, body, and daily rhythm is perfectly locked into the city way of life and I could easily see myself falling apart in a new habitat such as the country. Plus I never researched those areas, so I don't knkw which rural areas are the good ones to live in. I'll take suggestions and look into though. Thanks

Things are expensive near Seattle such as housing and gas. Also, the homeless have gotten out of control, actual human feces on sidewalks and buildings along with the syringes. If you want to carry heroin around you can, it’s legal under a certain amount. The city is not at all what it used to be.
Yes, I've heard some mixed things about Seattle. Some say it's one of the best cities to live in (cutting edge, and progressive), while others say it's a slowly dying city that is suffering from overly-liberal policies and barely affordable cost-of-living. I have a trip planned there so I guess I'll find out soon enough lol. I sure hope the good things i've heard about it outweigh the bad.

No wonder they're Sleepless in Seattle...

Back