Looking for lifting gloves

D3thr0n3d K1ng

I do not wish to create joinder with you!!!!
@Steel
Reaction score
Im looking for those weightlifting gloves or straps you use to reinforce when your wrists fail on heavy lifts. Im looking for a pair thats durable but cheap. Anyone had any experience or have any suggestions for good brands?

Sohei said:
Im looking for those weightlifting gloves or straps you use to reinforce when your wrists fail on heavy lifts. Im looking for a pair thats durable but cheap. Anyone had any experience or have any suggestions for good brands?

Harbinger wrist wrap gloves are really the only way to go.

I just Froogled some and they seem cheap, 5$. Are they real durable?

gloves & lifting straps will weaken you grip, go with wrist supporters.

I have been using Harbinger products for over 8 years and they rock. My current gloves have been going strong for over a year, and the straps that I got. All great stuff.

Don't get any thing that helps you grip the bar...it will retard your grip! Just get wrist supporters...they come in 12", 24", and 36".

anvar said:
Don't get any thing that helps you grip the bar...it will retard your grip! Just get wrist supporters...they come in 12", 24", and 36".

Hypothetically, let's say you can deadlift 455 w/ straps, but only 365 without. I'm all for training grip and I do so regularly, but I'm not going to limit my lifts because my grip can't keep up w/ my legs, back, etc. Yes, ideally, I'd love to pull 455 strap free, but until I'm able to catch my grip strength up to the rest of my body, I'm going to use straps for my heavy sets.

In short, I disagree w/ what you said. P.S. By your rationale, advocating the use of wrist supporters is advocating weak wrists. You've got to stay consistent, at the very least.

I'm sure there are many in the S&P forum that would disagree w/ me on this issue, but that's the way I've always seen it and always will until the day I can hang onto whatever I can lift w/o the extra help.

Whats the difference between the 7$ ones and the 20$ ones, they loook exactly the same?

http://store.yahoo.com/homegym/powserlifglo1.html

These are the best I've found. I used wear out Harbinger gloves. I'm still on my first pair of Sheiks. had 'em for two years. I just throw them in the wash each week so they don't stink.

I wear them for the hygeine factor. If you life at a commercial gym, it helps prevent the spread of germs.

Those Sheik wrist straps you showed are pretty good as well. I usually don't use straps. But when I do, I like those ones.

Inzer.net Get Wrist Straps And Chalk-if you must have hooks i belive inzer makes them also just don't come to depend on them-inzer is the top brand in lifting gear-i lift with serious guys and we all use inzer

fat_wilhelm said:
Hypothetically, let's say you can deadlift 455 w/ straps, but only 365 without. I'm all for training grip and I do so regularly, but I'm not going to limit my lifts because my grip can't keep up w/ my legs, back, etc. Yes, ideally, I'd love to pull 455 strap free, but until I'm able to catch my grip strength up to the rest of my body, I'm going to use straps for my heavy sets.

In short, I disagree w/ what you said. P.S. By your rationale, advocating the use of wrist supporters is advocating weak wrists. You've got to stay consistent, at the very least.

I'm sure there are many in the S&P forum that would disagree w/ me on this issue, but that's the way I've always seen it and always will until the day I can hang onto whatever I can lift w/o the extra help.

First there are proper times to cycle lifting straps into a program...but as a general rule don't use them during eacy macro cycle.

As far as not being consistent with the wrist wraps, I know many people my self included who have find it extremely painful do a ME press movment and snatches. So the use of wrist wraps is more of a way to avoid long term wrist damage.

I'm also an all about wearing over-sized knee supporters during squats to keep the knee joint warm.

anvar i agree with you completely i just bought knee and elbow wraps from rebhand that are great-there is no shame in wraping on m. and even on dynamic work on certain exercises such as jm presses,close grips,etc where the wrists are in a weak position

anvar said:
First there are proper times to cycle lifting straps into a program...but as a general rule don't use them during eacy macro cycle.

As far as not being consistent with the wrist wraps, I know many people my self included who have find it extremely painful do a ME press movment and snatches. So the use of wrist wraps is more of a way to avoid long term wrist damage.

I'm also an all about wearing over-sized knee supporters during squats to keep the knee joint warm.

I was just making a point. I use APT wrist wraps, myself, which I couldn't recommend highly enough (the ZRV-Pro model, 20", is what I use).

http://www.prowriststraps.com/wrist_wraps_knee_wrap_powerlifting_weight_lifting

fat_wilhelm said:
I'm all for training grip and I do so regularly, but I'm not going to limit my lifts because my grip can't keep up w/ my legs, back, etc. Yes, ideally, I'd love to pull 455 strap free, but until I'm able to catch my grip strength up to the rest of my body, I'm going to use straps for my heavy sets.

I'm in complete agreement here.

Back