Looking for headgear from down-under

uhhh no I mean, I genuinely care for your wellbeing and health, also please make sure to include photos when you do get it

+1 on the FG2900

As a FYI, I got an email from Rakuten offering free international shipping for people who sign up for Tenso.com. Only good until Dec. 27.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/event/tenso/

Come jump on board the Winning train! ;)

*Please note that the coupon covers a maximum of 4,000 JPY. If your international shipping fee exceeds 4,000 JPY, you will need to pay for the portion that exceeds 4,0000 JPY.

:(

4000 jpy is 47.43 US Dollar, so I'm pretty sure the $30 is covered ;)

4000 jpy is 47.43 US Dollar, so I'm pretty sure the $30 is covered ;)

Sweet! Sorry mark, I understood that free shipping is only for orders under 47.43. Sorry. that's a sweet deal, I might order a no foul cup

I did not like the gorilla gear headgear. Might want to try ring to cage Mexican headgears or goldengearmma.

Hm, i saw the Ring To Cage Mexican Headgear already, but i haven't seen the goldengearmma one yet. Could you link me to that one? Also why didnt you like the Gorilla one? The new version looked dope and thick

Goldengear is out of their headgear so I'll post the rest. I also like muay thai headgears with chin protection if you want to look into those. I also use a top king one in addition to my winnings and it protects my face well. If you get thai headgear off ebay, they have free shipping around the world and the prices are more than enough for your budget.

Ring to Cage mexican headgear, shipping kinda pricey

Title Boxing headgear

Cleto Reyes

Muay Thai Headgear ebay search. Go for top king (hopefully it's free shipping for you)

Damn, that Cleto Reyes looked nice and comparatively cheap compare to the one in Australia as well. Definitely on my list of consideration. I'm gonna search ebay for that. Deathstriker, can you put up a quick review of the Top King full face one?

Top King Full Face Protector on ebay free shipping to Australia

This headgear uses velcro in the back and it's not a problem because you can get a tighter fit with the chin protector instead of a strap. It feels comfortable and you can see front kicks and all sorts of punches well. It has very good padding and can absorb blows to the sides of the face. You can feel some nose shots, but they are not as bad because the padding is close to your nose. The main reason I bought this is for muay thai so I can see front kicks a tad bit easier and get use to taking punches to the nose which my facebar doesn't let me do.

More info on the 3dO,

My main concern in buying it was the reviews I'd seen where they show the cheek protectors offering very poor protection and allowing a glove through.

I think that those reviewers had a size too small for them.

You can't fit a 16 ounce glove through mine, and it's the largest size. It does not slip or move at all, even when i get nailed by a good hook.

As for blind spots... Well all headgear have them, that's the downside of headgear. Really I just try to never get hit by using good head movement defense work anyway.

I only wear it to avoid cuts that would put me out of training for awhile.

The impact protection is very good though, when I do let one slip through.

Top King Full Face Protector on ebay free shipping to Australia

This headgear uses velcro in the back and it's not a problem because you can get a tighter fit with the chin protector instead of a strap. It feels comfortable and you can see front kicks and all sorts of punches well. It has very good padding and can absorb blows to the sides of the face. You can feel some nose shots, but they are not as bad because the padding is close to your nose. The main reason I bought this is for muay thai so I can see front kicks a tad bit easier and get use to taking punches to the nose which my facebar doesn't let me do.

Very nice quick review Striker. I'm more and more leaning toward the Top King one.

More info on the 3dO,

My main concern in buying it was the reviews I'd seen where they show the cheek protectors offering very poor protection and allowing a glove through.

I think that those reviewers had a size too small for them.

You can't fit a 16 ounce glove through mine, and it's the largest size. It does not slip or move at all, even when i get nailed by a good hook.

As for blind spots... Well all headgear have them, that's the downside of headgear. Really I just try to never get hit by using good head movement defense work anyway.

I only wear it to avoid cuts that would put me out of training for awhile.

The impact protection is very good though, when I do let one slip through.

Oh? That's very interesting because i've the same reservations about the D30 too. I guess i will read around more then.

Very nice quick review Striker. I'm more and more leaning toward the Top King one.

Oh? That's very interesting because i've the same reservations about the D30 too. I guess i will read around more then.

Thanks, the only downside I'd say is that it's not traditional boxing headgear but you can use it as one.

As long as it protect my head and my face well then it is a ok. The price is reasonable too. Still got some leftover to blow on shinguard abd maybe bag gloves too

Back