Looking Back - who did the best against Khabib?

Dustin just because he did have that guillotine locked up for a short while, he just doesn't have the squeeze and its not his thing, if he had the grip and could hold it for hours like Maia or Werdum then he would have tapped Khabib out or put him out cold for sure.

The easiest fight was Conor because even all Herb’s help and Dana’s money and all the fouls, Khabib was able use his head as a piñata in the second round and Then toyed with him in the third and slapped his face and then cranked his face into an oblivion even Tom Cruise was impressed by his performance

Out of his 3 title defenses, who did the best?

Arguments for and against each:

Conor
-Went the longest with Khabib and arguably won 1 round. Also did a great job in negating damage in round 1
-Was knocked down, and probably took the most damage of the 3

Dustin
-Closest of the 3 to finishing Khabib (guillotine attempt)
-Aside from a brief striking exchange and the close sub, he was dominated for almost every second of the fight.

Justin
-He did great the 1st round until the late takedown. Landed 5 solid leg kicks throughout the fight.
-Was completely outclassed on the ground, and was finished the fastest.

I would probably rank their efforts in this order: Dustin, Conor, Justin

Mainly just because Dustin's guillotine attempt was pretty much the only trouble we've ever seen Khabib in.
Tony. Got him to pull out of 3 scheduled fights.

Tony is 3-2 against Khabib.

Surprised Khabib doesn't wanna get that W.

Poirier - actually staggered Khabib on the feet and attempted to finish with the guillotine

Garth - did some damage with the leg kicks and landed a few times

Conor - never came remotely close to doing any damage or threatening with anything

Justin did the most damage(which wasn't enough to immobilise khabib) but also took less damage as khabib didn't GNP him and went straight for the submission. Ate a few jabs but compared to conor and Dustin he took less blows. Especially significant ones

Conor fouled and possibly could have been submitted in the second round had it not been for the fouls but his guard wasn't easy to pass as I thought it'd be. He had some resistance on the ground.

Dustin was taken down at will, khabib got 7/8 takedowns on him. Desperation guillotine and a step in punch.

I don't know man. It's actually tough to say. I think the most impressive performance from khabib was in the Justin fight but as far as his opponents, it's tough to say. I want to say Conor but he fouled a lot.

I guess Dustin by default. Conor fouled so we can't count him. Dustin got finished in three and had decent ground defense. Did less damage than gaethje but survived to three rounds so Dustin by default

It's honestly close...

This is how good Khabib is - we are left comparing which of his completely dominated opponents did the best

Conor was tougher to break on the ground than both Dustin and Justin.

I remember watching both conor and dustin and i knew from the start its over,with justin
i had no clue what`s gonna happen because he stuffed some takedowns and kept moving
Khabib was 2/3 on his td attempts against Gaethje... He only landed 3/7 on Conor.

That guy that weighed like 192 in the cage and Khabib had trouble taking down

get out of here with that 40 percent bs. connor and all his trainers said he was in the best shape of his life. and connor said himself it was the healthiest he has ever been going into a ufc fight.
40% is being generous.

I'd have to say Dustin but that isn't saying much because he got absolutely dominated to the point where he was begging for help between rounds.

P.S. Anyone that has any grappling experience knows that the Guillotine was only "in" for a bout 0.3 seconds. Dom Cruz was projecting when he accused Keith Peterson of being drunk... He has no idea what he's looking at when he screams "That's in ladies and gentlemen" at any and every submission attempt.

Eh? Conor had him nervous and scurrying around at the beginning of the fight -

giphy.gif
did you expect Khabib to go Ben Askren and just duck in the beginning?

Khabib punched Conor and Conor shit on canvas , what else is there to discuss

Al Iaquinta did better than all of them on 5 days notice.
He baited Khabib into a striking match by just leaving his hands down at his waist and lowering his stance. He completely disregarded the striking of Khabib and let himself get hit because the hands at his waists to defend takedowns was more important.
Played with Khabib's ego.
Landed a few good strikes and defended a lot of Khabib's TD attempts.

Best gameplan anyone had ever come up with against Khabib, and that was on 5 days notice.

Al Iaquinta did better than all of them on 5 days notice.
He baited Khabib into a striking match by just leaving his hands down at his waist and lowering his stance. He completely disregarded the striking of Khabib and let himself get hit because the hands at his waists to defend takedowns was more important.
Played with Khabib's ego.
Landed a few good strikes and defended a lot of Khabib's TD attempts.

Best gameplan anyone had ever come up with against Khabib, and that was on 5 days notice.

More delusions from VVarhead. Lmao.

-Al didn't "bait" anything. He just went into full defensive mode.
-Didn't land anything good. Was outstruck clearly.
-Al was training for a fight, he wasn't fighting on 5 day notice.
-Khabib's ego? what?
-He defended like two half-hearted TD attempts in rd 3 and 4.

Man, I know Khabib makes you upset, but no need to make up narratives to soothe your butt-ache.
Super effective 50-43 gameplanning FTW!

How can you even compare conors fight against khabib with the other 2

Conor cheated throughout the whole fight, the other 2 guys did not

Khabib was toying with Dustin on that guillotine in the same way I let my son beat me up.

Conor did the best hands down. And that wasn’t very good.
Didn't Khabib say it was pretty close?

More delusions from VVarhead. Lmao.

-Al didn't "bait" anything. He just went into full defensive mode.
-Didn't land anything good. Was outstruck clearly.
-Al was training for a fight, he wasn't fighting on 5 day notice.
-Khabib's ego? what?
-He defended like two half-hearted TD attempts in rd 3 and 4.

Man, I know Khabib makes you upset, but no need to make up narratives to soothe your butt-ache.

More delusions from TR1, lmao

-wrong, he left his hands down at his waist almost the whole time - ahahahah how is that defensive mode -multiple MMA analysts pointed out that he wasn't trying to defend most of the strikes as evident to anyone with a little bit knowledge about striking
-landed more and more impactful than Poirier, Conor and Gaethje, also due to the fact Al Iaquinta has actual heart and fought out of a locked-in choke and went 5 rounds with Khabib.
-I wasn't saying he wasn't training, why do you put words in my mouth then call me delusional? I said he came up with a better gameplan than all of Khabib's opponents on 5 days notice
-He let Khabib hit him and showed clear disregard for his striking by lowering his stance and not defending strikes and putting his hands down at the waist exclusively to defend takedowns
-Nope, he defended way more, go rewatch the fight please

Also I wasn't shitting on Khabib at all? WTF. Khabib fought excellently against Iaquinta like he usually does.
I never ever shat on Khabib's fighting or performances, never ever. I just hate the guy from a personality standpoint because I don't like radical Islamism and supporting Kadyrov because Europe has been hurting from it.

Back