Looking Back - who did the best against Khabib?

Despite lasting the longest, Conor did the least of amount of damage and was farther from ever threatening Khabib.

It turns out Conor is a better defensive grappler than we all thought, and a better cheater than Jones. How many takedowns did he stuff by grabbing Khabibs gloves and shorts.

Dustin and Justin both landed harder punches and leg kicks

Eh? Conor had him nervous and scurrying around at the beginning of the fight -

giphy.gif
How sad is it that THIS is what you have to come up with to show how good Conor did. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

More delusions from TR1, lmao

-wrong, he left his hands down at his waist the whole time - multiple MMA analysts pointed out that he wasn't trying to defend most of the strikes as evident to anyone with a little bit knowledge about striking
-landed more and more impactful than Poirier, Conor and Gaethje, also due to the fact Al Iaquinta had actual heart and fought out of a locked-in choke and went 5 rounds with Khabib.
-I wasn't saying he wasn't training, why do you put words in my mouth then call me delusional? I said he came up with a better gameplan than all of Khabib's opponents on 5 days notice
-He let Khabib hit him and showed clear disregard for his striking by lowering his stance and not defending strikes and putting his hands down at the waist exclusively to defend takedowns
-Nope, he defended way more, go rewatch the fight please

Also I wasn't shitting on Khabib at all? WTF.

-Right, he was defending the TD. Which is why Khabib jabbed him up.
-lol what? Al landed a few weak arm strikes. I don't think he even connected solidly a single time. Justin at least had leg kicks, Conor at least had an uppercut or two. Rogan jizzing himself=/=landing anything.
-Hell even MJ landed better, even if his hits were overhyped.
-Calling it a 5 days notice fight is misleading and you know it. Khabib also had 5 days to change to a totally different fighter. Neither could "gameplan" well for each other. What was Al's gameplan exactly? Get dominated? Switch to a defensive shell and still get owned?
-I've seen the fight. Khabib made barely 1-2 halfhearted TD attempts in rd 3 and 4 each. Felt no urgency to do so either since Al just stuck his face out to get punched and posed no threat with his crappy offense.

Are you serious? This guy already beat him...

-Right, he was defending the TD. Which is why Khabib jabbed him up.
-lol what? Al landed a few weak arm strikes. I don't think he even connected solidly a single time. Justin at least had leg kicks, Conor at least had an uppercut or two. Rogan jizzing himself=/=landing anything.
-Hell even MJ landed better, even if his hits were overhyped.
-Calling it a 5 days notice fight is misleading and you know it. Khabib also had 5 days to change to a totally different fighter. Neither could "gameplan" well for each other. What was Al's gameplan exactly? Get dominated? Switch to a defensive shell and still get owned?
-I've seen the fight. Khabib made barely 1-2 halfhearted TD attempts in rd 3 and 4 each. Felt no urgency to do so either since Al just stuck his face out to get punched and posed no threat with his crappy offense.

At least you admit defeat by not being able to refute a single one of my points. Most of the arguments you've made didn't apply to my post and are just weird goalpost moving. And your first argument even confirms what I said. Iaquinta was exclusively defending the TD and disregarded striking defense which made Khabib more eager to strike and thus Al had more chance to land that hail-mary shot he didn't find.

Alright yeah, it's arguable that MJ landed better. But not arguable that Poirier or Gaethje landed better.

I never said Khabib shouldn't get credit for fighting on 5 days notice, I am actually one of the guys that gave him the most props for taking 2 or 3 different opponents in the span of a few days (go back and read those threads, I'm in some of them for sure) - and I still do and therefore also think Al Iaquinta is his most impressive performance and fight.
I also frequently shit on people criticizing Khabib for how he won his title - by fighting Al Iaquinta - because in fact Khabib deserves a HUGE amount of credit for what he did that week.

Also highly ironic that you talk down Khabib's opponent yet I'm the one shitting on Khabib!?!?!? If you can't see what and how ingenious his gameplan was then you have no clue what you were watching, sorry.

Last edited:
It helps that he just hung on and didn't try to get back up, sweep or go for subs

Sure, but he wasn't mounted in two seconds or ridden like a mule either.

Conor
-Went the longest with Khabib and arguably won 1 round. Also did a great job in negating damage in round 1
-Was knocked down, and probably took the most damage of the 3
Was also permitted to commit at least 19 fouls.

Back