Look This New Video Inspired by SUB101 and Ari Bolden

PHP:
Thanks Gerbil I tried this technique tonight... I set it up from the 3/4 mount (I think you call it something else) Opponent on his right side, my left leg over, right knee behind his head... We played with this positon a bit and I like it as another attack option from this position. Once I brind in my left foot (the one's that across the body) up higher and secure with my grip I have at that point shut down a couple of the traditinal escapes.

We did some mellow sparing maybe 50%... just trying to problem solve and explore where sitatuions, differen typs/sizes of opponent??? RESEARCH,RESEARCH, RESEARCH, THAT'S WHAT IS ABOUT FOR ME.

Thank you very much for you video. If you are interested I would be happy is not the right word, I would be willing in the name of science to post up video here in this like if you would like and if you think it might prove useful... No,no that was a lie... I would be happy to post up a vid of me and one of my guys working the technique. I can post it privately and if it's not what you're looking for I can simply take it down.

Let know.

D W

Post the video in the thread if you would like or you can email it to me, either way. I would love to see what your take on the position is.

The funny thing is that the thread really has nothing to do with Ari LoL, that's what makes me laugh.

I have thought about contacting Ari and just asking him how the hell he did it. I mean seriously his infamy is on the same level as Howard Stern...it's kind of amazing. I cant imagine the things I would have to do in order to be hated as much as him...probably something that would put me in jail.

The people who "despise" Ari despise him for different reasons. The bad instructionals don't bother me so much. They just make me roll my eyes or chuckle. What bothers me is how much he lies about little things, and what he will go through to keep up the story.

I've been reading about the dude from the beginning I suppose, and it's just like peeling back the layers of a silliness onion. Seriously, if I typed out every little thing that he's done to slightly annoy the bjj community it would....

A) make me seem obsessed. And I'm not, I just remember what I read. :icon_chee
B) make what I say about him seem exaggerated. Everything he does is true, but if you read everything in one thread it just sounds made up. But if you follow the story for a couple of years than it builds this sense of exasperation.

The truth is, I think this dudes personality is set in stone. He is, what he is. The bad news (or good news if you like ragging on him) is that until he finds another profession his character will force him into doing something that will piss off everone. It's who he is. Maybe he'll record a video of him armbarring/choking out his lighter weight lower belt students while giving a thumbs up (while editing out the sections where he gets swept) again. Maybe he'll start bashing the legit black belts in his area again. Maybe he will make another hypocritcal video criticizing instructors who "teach grappling before knowing the system." Who knows? The dude is facepalm machine. I hope I am wrong about all of this though, because like it or not, a lot of people listen to him and I want those people to succeed.

I hope this clears some things up.

It does, thank you. I ran through this a half-dozen times tonight, and was never able to actually get a choke, my drill partner just said that it felt like it was crushing his chest. It threw me off, as I was expecting a choke. Perhaps this should be called the Pentagram Crusher, like the Scorpion Crusher. I may play around with it a bit more, but it strikes me more as a transitional move, I don't know that someone would necessarily tap to it in competition or a fight.

look this is why to hate ari
1- he is only doing this to make a buck, he does not do it for the love of bjj--if he did he would be training at a school that wasn't hundreds of miles away
2- he has videos with shitty technique-- and sorry, even if there are no instructionals by anyone else you should still not use his shit. he is teaching people (usually noobs) how to do things wrong.
-think about it this way, what instead of teaching bjj he was teaching how to make a claymore, now would you watch and learn from someone who is doing it completely wrong or not learn it at all. i take the latter.
3- he is a general dbag

I like this thread. You taught a move well that I originally thought was ridiculous and silly. I may give this one a shot sometime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back