Long Gi pants

green_machine

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a new pair of pants for my gi. My current gi is an MKimonos hybrid-weave. The size is A4, the jacket fits me fine, but the pants are super baggy on me. I'm talk and lanky, 6'4" tall and 185 lbs. I'm looking for a pair of pants that will be long enough on me, but also won't have a ton of fabric bunched up because I have to sinch them so tight. Also worth noting is I would like a pair with a coiled rope string rather than the flat string since that always gets stuck when they're sweaty and I have to pry my pants off.

Mods, if this belongs in the Gear/Equip forum, feel free to move it, but I think more BJJ guys look in here more regularly.

Atama A4 and Koral A4 pants fit me just fine, and I am a similar size to you. I am 6'3" 190lbs. They have the flat drawstring on them though. Jiu jitsu pro gear sells single Koral pants, and i believe that Atama does too.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a new pair of pants for my gi. My current gi is an MKimonos hybrid-weave. The size is A4, the jacket fits me fine, but the pants are super baggy on me. I'm talk and lanky, 6'4" tall and 185 lbs. I'm looking for a pair of pants that will be long enough on me, but also won't have a ton of fabric bunched up because I have to sinch them so tight. Also worth noting is I would like a pair with a coiled rope string rather than the flat string since that always gets stuck when they're sweaty and I have to pry my pants off.

Mods, if this belongs in the Gear/Equip forum, feel free to move it, but I think more BJJ guys look in here more regularly.

I'm about 6'5'' and 200, and I've had great success with the Keiko A4 pants. They have great length for a tall guy, and there's not a ton of extra material. They cinch up nicely. I think you can still get them separately on Budvideos for around 35 bucks. I highy recommend them. They also have the rope draw string.

flat string since that always gets stuck when they're sweaty and I have to pry my pants off.

^^^ I hate that!

Sirius makes awesome pants. $30, with the rope tie. I called Sirius to order since they are not listed separately on the website.

you're going to laugh, but TKD pants are just about always designed with the taller, lankier person in mind and if you get the type with the ribbed fabric you'll find them plenty durable as well... they dont have the flat drawstring either.

Back