Lombard vs Okami next ?

outcome of this fight:

okami is boring as fuck
lombard is overrated

or

okami quits when he gets hit and is overrated

Why not. Lombard would probably win Okami moves forward, you can pretty easily counter his jabs and his chin is crackable

Okami would get KOd
all his takedowns are from the clinch, Hector is a judo olympian. and Okami gets hit way too much and always fades.

Thats a terrible matchup for Okami atm. He seem to have lost his confidence in his striking and Lombard is just too explosive to get stuck against the cage or on the ground.

Woah....

That's a good match-up.
I'd like to see that one.

Bisping vs Lombard is better though.

Perfect chance for the UFC to get rid of Okami from main card spots and make Lombard shine... that if Lombard can beat him...

Lol... he didn't even need to punch. I wasn't excited by this fight, but Okami definitely thoroughly won and proved he could own Belcher in the grappling realm and whatnot. Don't be a poor sport.

Im not being a poor sport, but you cant honestly tell me he dominated by doing what? a takedown? Those only should be counted if the fighter does something with it. I agreed with all the stand-ups and that's crazy cuz the ref stood them up from side control....

Also, i understand why he won, but im saying that he should be made example of for not trying to do anything, multiple takedowns and great positions and in most of those positions not 1 strike landed or a sub attempt? What else can you do if not strike or sub? When fighter from the bottom is striking more then a fighter on top you know there is a problem....

Im not being a poor sport, but you cant honestly tell me he dominated by doing what? a takedown? Those only should be counted if the fighter does something with it. I agreed with all the stand-ups and that's crazy cuz the ref stood them up from side control....

Also, i understand why he won, but im saying that he should be made example of for not trying to do anything, multiple takedowns and great positions and in most of those positions not 1 strike landed or a sub attempt? What else can you do if not strike or sub? When fighter from the bottom is striking more then a fighter on top you know there is a problem....

I wouldn't say Okami did nothing BUT grapple, but it's definitely much easier to critique a fighter for nothing. I can't remember the last time Belcher got owned that badly in recent memory, and I got nothing but respect for Okami for doing that. Sure, it wasn't exciting, and I completely agree with you, but I don't think Okami should lose just because he didn't throw punches or do something more exciting. Okami's always been more methodical than he was aggressive. Hey, at least he's not Jon Fitch, who throws pillow fist punches and lays around. I'd say that's worse since it has less appeal and more disappointment with all that action, but that's just me, haha... and I'm not even sure if I agree with that. Oh well, there's always gonna be fighters like that. Sucks, but that's the biz.

:(

Yea, after that snooze fest throw Okami to the sharks.

Whole lot of butt hurt people in this thread. Yeah Okami's pretty boring but he's a great fighter as is Jon Fitch and others. Don't get your panties twisted when these guys beat your favourites, its all part of the game.

Lombard would break his jaw in half. Plus I doubt okami could keep him down due to his Judo background.

I like it but I like a lot of fight now with Lombard in the picture.

Back