Lombard v Rory

Pretty much dude. This immediate rematch stuff is BS. Lawler had to work his way back to a shot, but the UFC lovesssss hooking Hendricks up. He must be in that good old boy's club.

They love hooking Hendricks up so much that they gave his title shot to Diaz coming off a loss.

They probably thought both of his fights with Lawler were better than Rorys was with Lawler and decided to go for the better fight.

I've heard rumors from Tristar that, Hendricks vs Lawler 3 is in Montreal, Co-main is Rory vs Lombard. From what I've heard.

bad idea for whom? it is for Rory, if he loses. but that's the whole idea of a title eliminator fight

UFC wants to get rid of Lombard... so they are giving him the worst possible matchup to shut him.

Why?

Lawler already beat Rory not that long ago. And that fight wasn't that close.

Why not? You're saying you would rather see a third Lawler-Hendricks fight than watch Rory getting a well-deserved title shot?

It's a good fight they will eventually fight each other no matter what with the title changing hands due to many closely contested matchups.

The UFC doesn't want Lombard as a contender, which is why they're giving him the worst stylistic match-up for him in the division.

Nah, Bigg Rigg is a worse match-up due to the strength of his chin. Lombard has a decent chance of a KO, or at least changing the course of the fight against Rory.

There are no title challengers any more, just the eternal struggle between Hendricks and Lawler. Honestly Rory/Lombard is the real title fight, I can not get behind another moronic rematch, this is Hendricks 4th straight title fight, and the 2nd coming off a loss.

I think Rory has earned a shot (past shots were given for less), but people will be more interested if he beats someone like Lombard.

Lombard has not earned a shot (IMO, he gets hyped b/c he "looks" like a fighter, but pretty mediocre), but a win over a legit guy like Rory would make a strong case. Personally, I would take Lombard more seriously if he took out someone like Rory.

Best case scenario: Rory wins, he gets a shot. Hector will get to jump the line at some point because he "moves the needle" anyway.

I think Rory has earned a shot (past shots were given for less), but people will be more interested if he beats someone like Lombard.

Lombard has not earned a shot (IMO, he gets hyped b/c he "looks" like a fighter, but pretty mediocre), but a win over a legit guy like Rory would make a strong case. Personally, I would take Lombard more seriously if he took out someone like Rory.

Best case scenario: Rory wins, he gets a shot. Hector will get to jump the line at some point because he "moves the needle" anyway.

So... the best matchup to make, given that rematch is booked.

they want rory out of the way so gsp comes back..... makes total sense to me.

Back