Lombard v Rory

MacPherson911

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
the best idea woulda been to put Hector in there with Matt Brown in a few weeks. Now they're gonna lose a potential challenger and Matt Brown still doesn't have an opponent.

You're right, top contenders shouldn't fight each other to earn a shot at the title, scrap Gus/Rumble aswell....

Hendricks/lawler 3 is happening. Rory vs Lombard sets up the next challenger. Makes perfect sense. You also have Kelvin coming up

I don't think it really matters. With the way WW is being booked, the winner of Lombard-Rory won't get a title fight until late 2015 anyway. That's plenty of time to get build up another contender (Gastelum-Woodley is a huge fight, Condit is coming back, Mein-Alves could be important if Mein wins, etc).
Also, I'm sure they'll find someone for Brown.

You're right, top contenders shouldn't fight each other to earn a shot at the title, scrap Gus/Rumble aswell....

yeah I actually think we should do away with title fights too, determine the champs the way college football used to do, via AP poll.

Lawler-Hendricks 4 will be forthcoming, so both guys will have plenty of time to rebuild momentum towards a title shot.

Lawler-Hendricks 4 will be forthcoming, so both guys will have plenty of time to rebuild momentum towards a title shot.

Pretty much dude. This immediate rematch stuff is BS. Lawler had to work his way back to a shot, but the UFC lovesssss hooking Hendricks up. He must be in that good old boy's club.

Lombard vs Hendricks and Rory vs Lawler. The right match ups to make.

You gotta have the contenders face each other

The contender argument is a failure when a fighter is denied a titleshot he was promised.

Recontender fights. Good one.

It suits them right that they have to fight; both of them were talking themselves into title contention two fights ago. It will be a good scrap and I'd rather watch this than Lawler-MacDonald 2

The UFC doesn't want Lombard as a contender, which is why they're giving him the worst stylistic match-up for him in the division.

There's no point responding to these brain clogs. They're the type who complain that when a guy is signed to a top contender fight he's "being thrown to the wolves," and then when the same guy is signed to a relative unknown who's 1-0 in the UFC he's being overlooked or somehow otherwise held down by Zuffa.

Fights are fights. Out on great performances and you'll get to that title shot. This is a great matchup to determine a strong #1 in the division.

Rory has already proven he deserves a shot. Lombard too until the long lay off and poor performance against Burkman.

The only people who felt that was a poor performance are neophytes who think Burkman is some kind of scrub.

Back