Lombard from $300k to $53k/$53k

TardStrong

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Damn I guess he just signed a new contract and since he did not live up to the hype he took a big cut.

He was getting $300k just to show for the first 5 fights and now is getting $53k to show and $53k to win. I wonder how he feels about that?

He just needs 2 more wins and he'll get paid. Lombard is an exciting fighter to watch and he seems to be a total company guy at the moment, I think he'll be OK.

We all know he's getting paid more than that.

He's making more than that, but he definitely took a pay cut he admitted much when Helwani interviewed him.

He just needs 2 more wins and he'll get paid. Lombard is an exciting fighter to watch and he seems to be a total company guy at the moment, I think he'll be OK.

Why is there so much hype on this guy. Freaking burkman gave this guy all kinds of trouble. He is the most flatfooted fighter, i've ever seen. Any of the top guys would absolutely tool him. rory, lawler, hendrix, would all murder him. Rather easily..

The UFC re-worked his deal last year a couple of months after the Shields fight. Basically they told him- if he wants to keep fighting in the UFC, he had to take a steep pay cut from his 300K per fight salary. He agreed to, since he wanted to be UFC champion, and did not want to leave the UFC because that was the option the UFC gave him as well. These salary figures are accurate.

Don't underestimate Burkman just because he wasn't in the UFC the past couple of years. He's as legit as any of his last opponents.

He choked out Fitch in under a round. Fitch was known for his superb sub defense.

when the numbers dont end with a clean thousand, i.e. 50k, 55k, you know theres some type of deal structure goin on.

came in with alot of hype and got big money and looked bad in his MW fights, didnt live up to the hype.

I suppose that the initial $300K was when he was hyped with a 31-2-1 record without a loss dating back to PRIDE Bushido in 2006 vs. Mousassi.

He had 24 finishes in 35 fights prior to entering the UFC. 68% finish rate.

In the UFC he is 4 - 2 in his 6 fights with 2 finishes. 33% finish rate.

His UFC competition was set up for him to success, and he failed MISERABLY!

WTF? Palhares, Shields and Okami are no longer in the UFC and certainly none were "top ranked" fighters that he faced.

Burkman will be extremely lucky if he remains in the UFC after this past weekend.

Marquart has lost four of his past five fights and is highly likely to also be cut along with Burkman.

He has fought exactly one of his six UFC fights against legitimate UFC competition and again FAILED MISERABLY!

He is grossly overpaid at $53K/ $53K and WILL NOT earn anywhere near that in his next UFC fight. $25K/ $25K material at best, and that will be against BY FAR his toughest competition to date.

When he gets beaten in his next fight, he will be cut from the UFC and would gladly bleed for a $20K/ $20K purse in a lower MMA organization.

No surprise at all. What would be a shock is if his pay HAD NOT been cut by 500% due to his performance! FFS!

when the numbers dont end with a clean thousand, i.e. 50k, 55k, you know theres some type of deal structure goin on.

Probably increases every fight on the new deal, with the UFC having the option to cut him anytime they want.

I suppose that the initial $300K was when he was hyped with a 31-2-1 record without a loss dating back to PRIDE Bushido in 2006 vs. Mousassi.

WTF? Palhares, Shields and Okami are no longer in the UFC and certainly none were "top ranked" fighters that he faced.

Burkman will be extremely lucky if he remains in the UFC after this past weekend.

Marquart has lost four of his past five fights and is highly likely to also be cut along with Burkman.

He has fought exactly one of his six UFC fights against legitimate UFC competition and again FAILED MISERABLY!

He is grossly overpaid at $53K/ $53K and WILL NOT earn anywhere near that in his next UFC fight. $25K/ $25K material at best, and that will be against BY FAR his toughest competition to date.

When he gets beaten in his next fight, he will be cut from the UFC and would gladly bleed for a $20K/ $20K purse in a lower MMA organization.

No surprise at all. What would be a shock is if his pay HAD NOT been cut by 500% due to his performance! FFS!

They won't pay him less coming off of a win.

He was hyped up as a MW Tyson, hadnt lost in a long time, was knocked dudes out, was a Bellator fighter they wanted to steal and was being set up for a big title fight vs Silva.

He came in and flopped at MW and showed he wasnt a draw, wasnt a top MW getting near a title shot and Bellator didnt seem to care when he left.

They quickly realized they overpaid. Think thats why Eddie didnt get the same huge contract.

He deserves the pay cut. he's boring as hell.

Apparently it's OK to rework a contract when it's in zuffas favor,

Damn I guess he just signed a new contract and since he did not live up to the hype he took a big cut.

He was getting $300k just to show for the first 5 fights and now is getting $53k to show and $53k to win. I wonder how he feels about that?

They WANT his name, but want to pay less. Their greed will kill them. They mismanaged this fighters career for sure. He could be a MASSIVE draw, but would want big bucks. They hurt themselves by not wanting good things for both parties.

Beyond stupid analysis. GSP hadn't finished a fight in 4 years and he got paid tons of money. Lombard whipped Jake and Jake beat GSP in the final two rounds. Forget Lombard as a MW, he's not a MW anymore, and he got RIPPED OFF against Boetsch. Okami was a big MW also with Judo experience so stylistically it was a tough matchup. Lombard simply isn't popular which is why he's taking a big cut. He's gonna wreck Rory if they fight.

Back