Lombard Boetch Rematch?

Trollinator

Green Belt
Reaction score
If the UFC wants to build up Lombard in any way shape or form he would have to rematch Boetch. If down the line he is aiming for a title shot with Silva, nobody will invest with the knowledge that he lost to Boetsch.

I dont have a strong opinion either way, but Boetch isn't getting a title shot, he isn't going anywhere so this would seem like a resonable matchup.

Last edited:
not at all.... if he kos lets say any top 10 guy hes fine.

and who are you to say boetsch isnt getting a title shot? lol

Why in the hell do people want rematches so soon lately? ACCKCKKKKKKKKK

Nick Diaz is fighting Georges St. Pierre after having lost his previous fight to Carlos Condit.

Lombard vs Vitor/Bisping/Weidman. Boetch is too soon and that fight sucked. Too many rematches, that should only be done when absolutely necessary.

Lombard vs Vitor/Bisping/Weidman. Boetch is too soon and that fight sucked. Too many rematches, that should only be done when absolutely necessary.

I think all three of those guys are too high ranked...

hell no. He's too damn old and there's too many other fights.

tumblr_m8um5czsa51qawgya.gif

bisping and belfort should be at the bottom half of the top 10, which is not too high for lombard, who should be in the middle of the top 10.

I am glad you're so confident that a top 5 guy on a winning streak over top guys (Boetsch) has no chance at getting a title shot, but that is 1000% opinion and speculation.

not at all.... if he kos lets say any top 10 guy hes fine.

and who are you to say boetsch isnt getting a title shot? lol

He isn't... come on. I don;t seem him beating anyone in the MW division that puts him in the framework where people are saying 'Yep, this guy is our No1 contender'

Tim is on a tear at MW and is getting close to a #1 contender fight. Why the hell would he risk all that to give Lombard a rematch? He would have everything to lose and nothing to gain from it.

Tim is on a tear at MW and is getting close to a #1 contender fight. Why the hell would he risk all that to give Lombard a rematch? He would have everything to lose and nothing to gain from it.

Possibly a fat pay check you never know i dont want to see it tho

bet you didnt think he was going to KO okami

I didn't have an opinion on the match tbh. To get a title shot he would have to beat, Weidman, Bisping or a Belfort and I see him losing to all three.

If Anderson loses or vacates in the next few years though I could definately see him getting a shot unless of course we suddenly see all these LHW's flood back into the MW division.

Patrick Cote never avenged his loss to Travis Lutter at the TUF 4 Finale, Lutter didn't bother making weight for his title fight, and Cote still earned a title shot within 2 years.

Demian Maia got KOed in 21 seconds, won one fight, and got a title shot.

Sonnen lost to Maia, got a title shot 18 months later.

Okami lost to Sonnen, got a title shot within 2 years.

And that's just the Middleweight division. LHW is even worse!

It's certainly not impossible. If you're the hot fighter at that moment, you're getting the shot.

I didn't have an opinion on the match tbh. To get a title shot he would have to beat, Weidman, Bisping or a Belfort and I see him losing to all three.

If Anderson loses or vacates in the next few years though I could definately see him getting a shot unless of course we suddenly see all these LHW's flood back into the MW division.

Boetch beats all three via Barbarian upset.

I don't know.. I don't view MW as a very deep talent pool. Who else is there? Shields on his way back up? Munoz? Okami I could see being the only other potential option. Both have losses to Boetch so it's not crazy.

I rather they just go their own ways. The fight wasn't good at all. Plus I don't think Lombard's stock will go up much even if he wins a rematch convincingly.

Hector won the first fight IMO, maybe down the line we will see it but not anytime soon

Back