Lomachenkos plan for 2019

What a garbage fight, does nothing for his legacy and Crolla wont even have a punchers chance. If not Garcia why not Tank? Taking fights with with mandatory level guys isn't getting his career anywhere and he's already 30 years old.

What a garbage fight, does nothing for his legacy and Crolla wont even have a punchers chance. If not Garcia why not Tank? Taking fights with with mandatory level guys isn't getting his career anywhere and he's already 30 years old.
Davis already has a fight coming up, to be fair.

The plan is obvious:
- 3 fights
- Chaniev vs. Commey winner for IBF in April
- vs. Crolla in August
- vs. Mikey in December for unification

That's a Fighter of the year campaign.

The plan is obvious:
- 3 fights
- vs. Crolla in August

I don’t see the Mikey fight happening.

I think he will crash 3 top rank cans in 2019

The plan is obvious:
- 3 fights
- vs. Crolla in August

That would make my year. Let's hope Mikey get smashed by Spence (but not too bad) and then he has to go back down to LW for a showdown with Loma.

Davis already has a fight coming up, to be fair.

Davis fights Feb.9 and Loma April 12, assuming they make it through without injuries it's not the worst time line.

I'm not convinced the Loma/Garcia fight gets made with Mikeys past issues with Top Rank...

If that’s how its looking and he’s not going out his way to make noise at this point and at his age, I think he just might not want none of Mikey.

I enjoy watching Loma and recognize his skills but don’t have a man crush on the guy like most. 1. Not hard to hit. 2. He’s been dropped and hurt before. No ones made him dance the Bamba yet but still he’s been dropped, shook, and I seen him get hurt to the body more than once. He’s not getting younger. Other top guys are blowing up and hitting harder. Loma’s body has maxed out long ago. Matter of time till he gets stopped and he knows it. Simple as that as far as his moves indicate.

Every time someone posts a Loma or Garcia thread about their upcoming fight plans, they both get called ducks or accused of avoiding the other... let's be honest here, they've both been doing the same exact thing, taking the same kind of fights. Mikey suddenly committing suicide against Spence an anomaly yes, but none of these "unifications" mean anything. All these titlists they are scalping dont belong in the ring with then at all. They need to fight one another. Guess it just isn't in the cards.

When was this?
around May 2017 apparently if you believe Loma's twitter saying Mayweather told his team 'no', which I believe because I think Floyd has a plan and also doesn't want to work with Arum unless it's a PPV worthy event. And I have no reason to discredit what Loma is saying when Mayweather himself publicly said that there was 'no rush' to face Loma around that time.

How soon we forget. Floyd publicly announced in April that Tank would fight Loma next if both won their next bouts (he had already talked to Todd duBoef of Top Rank to make it happen). Floyd never told Tank. One month later, in May, Tank goes on record to address his issues with Floyd.

Davis on his reaction to Floyd publicly announcing that he wants him to fight Lomachenko next without even discussing it with him first:

“I felt, when I said what I said — I was forced into the first title fight — then there you go. There you go. He talking to another fighter without talking to me and that promotion or management...[shrugs].
Gervonta Davis discusses his issues with Floyd Mayweather

loma should stepp up like Mikey and fight TC at 140. TC would come back down for the PPV I ber.

loma should stepp up like Mikey and fight TC at 140. TC would come back down for the PPV I ber.
But Lomachenko has already stepped up to 135 well above his natural weight. I'm one of Loma's biggest fans and I'll wax lyrical about his abilities but (going to 140) that would not be a good move for Loma. He is outsized at 135. At 140 he'll be ludicrously undersized. As good as he is I don't think even his talents could compensate enough for the size differences. Hell look at pictures of Mikey and Loma side by side at 135 and Mikey dwarfs Loma. The guys at 140 would be way too big for Loma.

lomachenko-garcia%20(1).JPG

But Lomachenko has already stepped up to 135 well above his natural weight. I'm one of Loma's biggest fans and I'll wax lyrical about his abilities but (going to 140) that would not be a good move for Loma. He is outsized at 135. At 140 he'll be ludicrously undersized. As good as he is I don't think even his talents could compensate enough for the size differences. Hell look at pictures of Mikey and Loma side by side at 135 and Mikey dwarfs Loma. The guys at 140 would be way too big for Loma.

lomachenko-garcia%20(1).JPG
The only reason a fight at 140 with TC would ever happen is if TC couldn't face Thurman, Porter, Spence, D. Garcia, Ugas or anyone else because he's stuck with Top Rank. 140 would be Loma's 4th(126, 130, 135, 140) pro division and 5th overall(he won olympic gold at 122). This is Garcia's 4th division he's jumping into and most people think he has no chance of standing up to Spence's power. It'd be the same at 140 with Loma, it wouldn't tell who is actually the better fighter, it'd tell the same old story of a great big fighter beats a great little fighter most of the time. I think Andre Ward is a better fighter than Joshua, doesn't mean i'd give him a chance against Joshua.

Back