Lomachenkos plan for 2019

The only reason a fight at 140 with TC would ever happen is if TC couldn't face Thurman, Porter, Spence, D. Garcia, Ugas or anyone else because he's stuck with Top Rank. 140 would be Loma's 4th(126, 130, 135, 140) pro division and 5th overall(he won olympic gold at 122). This is Garcia's 4th division he's jumping into and most people think he has no chance of standing up to Spence's power. It'd be the same at 140 with Loma, it wouldn't tell who is actually the better fighter, it'd tell the same old story of a great big fighter beats a great little fighter most of the time. I think Andre Ward is a better fighter than Joshua, doesn't mean i'd give him a chance against Joshua.
Yeah and I think Garcia is fucking crazy! He has absolutely no fucking chance in hell of winning that fight. I'll be impressed if he doesn't come out with a career shortening beating.

Yeah and I think Garcia is fucking crazy! He has absolutely no fucking chance in hell of winning that fight. I'll be impressed if he doesn't come out with a career shortening beating.
I did misspeak, Mikey did start his career off at 126 apparently but he missed weight there too

I'd love the Garcia fight but Gervonta is where it's at. Stylistic fireworks.

I'd love the Garcia fight but Gervonta is where it's at. Stylistic fireworks.
Perhaps but Gervonta has to want that fight outside of talking shit on twitter. His promotion turned it down once and Tank got upset at Floyd when Floyd had mentioned he wanted the Loma fight recently. I think Tank is looking to move promoters when his contract is up, which i think he has 2 fights left on his deal after the Mares fight.

Perhaps but Gervonta has to want that fight outside of talking shit on twitter. His promotion turned it down once and Tank got upset at Floyd when Floyd had mentioned he wanted the Loma fight recently. I think Tank is looking to move promoters when his contract is up, which i think he has 2 fights left on his deal after the Mares fight.

Thanks for the breakdown. Gervonta is 24. With the way boxing works, he won't fight Loma for years, until he's clearly exiting his prime.

Back