Lomachenko.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What can Lomachenko do to be considered an ATG? Maybe become undisputed at 135?

Hold and defend belts in multiple weight classes at once like they say they want to do with him

What can Lomachenko do to be considered an ATG? Maybe become undisputed at 135?
He needs to fight some big names. There is no one for him at 135. He needs to somehow get Mikey Garcia grow enough balls to face him.

In some ways you could already consider him an ATG purely from a skills perspective. Resume isn’t there yet though. Just needs to keep fighting and he’ll end up as one.

He needs to fight some big names. There is no one for him at 135. He needs to somehow get Mikey Garcia grow enough balls to face him.
Mikeys busy fighting guys that would break Lomas face in half.

i think he’s more flashy than he is effective. lots of unnecessary angle changes and foot switches but they do seem to work for him and he keeps winning so maybe it’s just what he likes.

i think he needs a good rival. i’d like to see that be tank but we’ll see

He has had a couple decent scraps but will need to face some higher-level opposition and/or move up in weight classes in order to determine whether his assumed ATG skills will hold up. "Dare to be great" as they say.

He has had a couple decent scraps but will need to face some higher-level opposition and/or move up in weight classes in order to determine whether his assumed ATG skills will hold up. "Dare to be great" as they say.
Already dared to be great being the fastest to win titles in 3 weight classes and going for a title in his second pro fight. Has a top 10 p4p win.

Not his fault Mikey Garcia is ducking the fight because he doesn’t want to work with Arum. Also not his fault Tank Davis has continually ducked the fight.

Loma will be an all time great literally if he becomes undisputed champion. There’s never been a lightweight undisputed champion in the 4 belt history, so he’d be the first. There hasn’t been a lineal champ in a long time if I recall either.

After he does that, the biggest name he’s going to get is berchelt, or Haney. And even if he beats them it’s not like they are big names and he’ll get that credit. Floyd has ruined what it means to be considered an all time great mainly by promoting the 0 next to his name as the end all be all.

The biggest fight for Loma, because I truly believe Mikey will never be at lightweight again, is going to be Josh Warrington, OR, depending on how it works out, Shakur Stevenson.

As big of a Loma fan as I am however, I do see him dropping another fight along the way. Hasn’t looked the same since shoulder surgery and it’s clear he’s topped out at 135.

For those suggesting he move up, it’s like asking a fighter to keep moving up until he loses, like how people wanted Floyd to move up at 38 to face a prime GGG

Already dared to be great being the fastest to win titles in 3 weight classes and going for a title in his second pro fight. Has a top 10 p4p win.

Not his fault Mikey Garcia is ducking the fight because he doesn’t want to work with Arum. Also not his fault Tank Davis has continually ducked the fight.

Loma will be an all time great literally if he becomes undisputed champion. There’s never been a lightweight undisputed champion in the 4 belt history, so he’d be the first. There hasn’t been a lineal champ in a long time if I recall either.

After he does that, the biggest name he’s going to get is berchelt, or Haney. And even if he beats them it’s not like they are big names and he’ll get that credit. Floyd has ruined what it means to be considered an all time great mainly by promoting the 0 next to his name as the end all be all.

The biggest fight for Loma, because I truly believe Mikey will never be at lightweight again, is going to be Josh Warrington, OR, depending on how it works out, Shakur Stevenson.

As big of a Loma fan as I am however, I do see him dropping another fight along the way. Hasn’t looked the same since shoulder surgery and it’s clear he’s topped out at 135.

For those suggesting he move up, it’s like asking a fighter to keep moving up until he loses, like how people wanted Floyd to move up at 38 to face a prime GGG
if campbell can get some good wins to boost his confidence and loma stays on top, i can absolutely see campbell giving him hell in a rematch. campbell made big costly errors with his decision making in that fight but lomachenko made quite a few mistakes in that fight as well. that fight looked like a guy who knew he was going to lose vs a guy who knew he was going to win. change the dynamic and i think that fight looks very different the second time around. campbell has the tools.

He can start by getting rid of Arum. Then get some bigger fights.

Sure, let me guess, hes ducking the pitty pat punches of Loma, to face the bigger and stronger guys at 147?
Losing to the bigger guys doesn’t hurt his reputation as much

If he miraculously wins a title there it’ll be a great accomplishment, if he loses to Loma then he’ll have lost to the one person in his weight class people thought could give him trouble

He can start by getting rid of Arum. Then get some bigger fights.
How is Arum blocking him from bigger fights? It’s not like PBC has the lightweight division locked up

Unlike for Crawford and the WW division

Honestly, his division has no real names, a lot of young guns he could fight, but people will say they were too green. If he goes up and beats a guy like Prograis, that's a solid win outside his perceived weight safety zone. I'd honestly favor Porgrais over him heavily, though. That's a guy who walks you down as soon as he knows you cant hurt him. Can't wait for Prograis to beat Taylor and people to start asking him to step up to the elite fights and cant wait for Loma to get a real fight, even a name only us hardcore fans know, just a live body he has a chance of testing himself against. He seems to want those fights, he's just like Rigo, he doesn't want to waste his time on all this nonsense. Oh, and as usual the best answers are the non serious ones.

I don't see that happening. I didn't see any sense in the Spence bout, and an undefeated Garcia would have been a huge fight with Loma and sold solid as a PPV, IMO. I still don't understand why Mikey and/or Robert were/are SO not into that fight.

Back