LOL, TJ f*cked the UFC

Which makes them similar to American fans, who care more about the nationality of fighters in a main event than the skill sets of said fighters. Which is why the chant of USA breaks out pretty much every fight that pits an American against a Brazilian in any main card fight held on US soil. Try to be a LITTLE objective. US MMA fans are no better than any other fan base. But thanks for playing...

I just like the face punching and the blood, I have the guys I root for and against for sure.

If the event is in Brazil I usually root for the American just because I suspect the Brazils are all juiced up on something or other.

The benefit of having a much more marketable champion outweighs the loss of the Barao 179 main event

But they are such big MMA and UFC fans, so much passion. They will be happy with any awesome top-10 main event, even between two non Brazilians.

Just kidding they really don't give a shit about MMA/UFC outside of Brazilians.

Not sure how truthful that is. I remeber a Brazilian MMA journalist saying that Brazilian fans craze the foreign fighters because there so used to watching there own guys fight in there regional orgs. It's refreshing to see international talent. Any Brazilians here to confirm this?

TJ did the UFC a gigantic favor. Barao as a champ is a nightmare. He beats everyone(until now) yet no one cares about him or pays to see him. TJ is far more marketable.

They have no other choice. TJ has a lot of things going against him. - nope

-Personality: plain, common - humble, hard working
-Appearance: clean, forgettable - good looking, babyface
-Size: small - ripped, everyman attainable
-Aura: none - parties with the Diaz bros, KOs wannabe goats

Seems pretty marketable to me

vitor vs machida for the title!

Not sure how truthful that is. I remeber a Brazilian MMA journalist saying that Brazilian fans craze the foreign fighters because there so used to watching there own guys fight in there regional orgs. It's refreshing to see international talent. Any Brazilians here to confirm this?

"their"

Which country's audience consistently "boo's" the winner just because he isn't of their nationality?

hint, its not americans

and I'm not american btw, I just need to put mute on because I despise listening to the crowd boo (or best case scenario*crickets*) purely because of nationality

Who gives a shit about what country you fight in... Sick of fighters choosing fights on there own terms and supposed fight fans wishing death to mma/ ufc

Which country's audience consistently "boo's" the winner just because he isn't of their nationality?

hint, its not americans

and I'm not american btw, I just need to put mute on because I despise listening to the crowd boo (or best case scenario*crickets*) purely because of nationality

Coz chael the poster boy slagged off Brazilian future hall of famers , what respect gets shown here on sherdog ? I don't blame them for having hate

What are they going to give the Brazlians as a 179 main event? I bet they were banking on Barao-Assuncao. If Aldo wins against Mendes, it would be less than three months to fight again, don't think Aldo would do it.

I don't think Brazilians really care who fight in Brazil as long as it a Brazilian vs who ever. They don't even care for their fighters I mean they let shogun walk butt naked for a mile. Either they didn't know who he was or they didn't give a shit.

How many Brazilians do you think would pay to watch TJ lose?I guess a lot. TJ - Assuncao rematch would be the best card for that.

I don't think Brazilians really care who fight in Brazil as long as it a Brazilian vs who ever. They don't even care for their fighters I mean they let shogun walk butt naked for a mile. Either they didn't know who he was or they didn't give a shit.

Would you stop when seeing a butt naked stranger when driving ?

Regarding TJ's Marketability:

-Handsome, clean cut. This can't be bad. Have to think that part of the reason Renan was so "un-marketable" was his looks.
-Agree to some extent with the Frankie Edgar comment. TJ comes with a story line: (1) He is working hard in the gym and improves every time we see him. (2) He avenged the losses of his friend.
-He looks boyish and conveys a childish sense of joy that he's just "doing what he loves." We all complain that MMA has this stigma of douchey bros in affliction shirts cheering on trailer trash brawlers with bad tattoos all over their bodies. Well, TJ goes against that stereotype, which IMO makes MMA look like more of a legit sport and less of a circus.
-I think TJ has a pretty good personality. His post-fight interview was pretty awesome. It's hard to be coherent after 23 mins of slaying a vampire, let alone say something cool and inspiring.

Seriously, I guarantee those "MMA fans" would care more about Fabio Maldonnado vs Stipe then Jon Jones-Gus, Condit-Matt Brown, Rory-Woodley, Weidman-Rockhold, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back