Lol @ the irony of Stipe’s comment during Rashad’s HOF segment

I didnt see the Gus fight as close, felt he who won. That wasnt like Jones Vs Gus 1 IMO. I also agree that Cormier still hasnt been as tested at HW as he has been at LHW. Still needs to fight ngannou and JDS or Overeem. We know the Cain fight aint happening.
The Gus fight was definitely close, just as close as Jones Gus 1 really. That's been Gus's claim to fame and what has kept him so highly rated.

He's the guy who "came close" against arguably the 2 most dominant LHW champions in history.

Cormier is actually a HW though he cut from 240lbs and weighed in heavier than Stipe
Evans weighed in at like 220lbs when he fought at HW so......

I didnt see the Gus fight as close, felt he who won. That wasnt like Jones Vs Gus 1 IMO. I also agree that Cormier still hasnt been as tested at HW as he has been at LHW. Still needs to fight ngannou and JDS or Overeem. We know the Cain fight aint happening.
It's kind of funny that all 3 of the guy's you mentioned were also the 3 the guy that came closest to actually putting DC in danger at HW on route to getting KOed in 4 minutes beat to become the winningest HW Champion in UFC history, lol.

Although I do agree Overeem would likely be his toughest test and I would love to see that fight.

Francis on paper has no chance but thats both the fun and absurdity of the HW division. A guy who is clearly an inferior fighter in every way except punching power can become the HW Champion of the world if he manages to connect with his hail Mary.

Lewis Volkov is a great example of this, Lewis got out classed in every aspect of the game for 13 minutes and 45 seconds but ended up winning because he can hit hard, not because he is the better fighter.

People got to understand when DC and Shad were getting into sport 5 foot 11 was a far more acceptable height for HW's. Fighters got bigger. It's why so many of the HW's from the very early UFC's like Vitor and Shad went as low as 185, as fighters got bigger. DC just never lost that weight until he had too though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back