List of Celebrities who train BJJ

blink_man182

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Well, I did a little search and didn't find anything and there have been a couple topics lately regarding celebs who train BJJ. Well I was randomly clicking around on Wikipedia and came across a pretty cool list with some names on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Celebrity_Brazilian_Jiu-Jitsu_practitioners

Entertainers

* Nicolas Cage (Actor): Trains under Royce Gracie. [1]
* Chris Conrad (Actor): Trains under Jean Jacques Machado. [2]
* Jim Carrey (Actor) [3]
* Steven Daniells-Silva (Dancer): Black belt under Andre Pederneiras at Nova Uniao. [4]
* Michael Clarke Duncan (Actor, Former Bodyguard): Holds at least a blue belt and trains at Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA.
* Michael Dudikoff (Actor): Has attended Gracie Camp. [5]
* Sean Patrick Flanery (Actor/Martial Arts Instructor): Brown belt. Studied for three years under Rickson Gracie at the Rickson Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy in Los Angeles and studied at the Renzo Gracie Academy in the summer of 2003. He is currently the assistant instructor at Hollywood Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Hollywood, CA. Past championships include 2003 Pan Ams, 2003 American Nationals, and 2002 1st Annual Inland Impire Championship. [6]
* Mel Gibson (Actor): Known to have studied with Rorion Gracie on the final fight scene for Lethal Weapon 3. [7]
* Olivier Gruner (Actor, Kickboxer)
* Steve Irwin (Deceased) (Wildlife Expert/Television Personality) [8]
* Kevin James (Actor) [9]
* Milla Jovovich (Actress/Model/Fashion Designer/Singer) [10]
* Chuck Norris (Martial Artist/Actor): Black belt under Jean Jacques Machado. [11]
* Richard Norton (Martial Artist/Actor/Stuntman): Black belt under Jean Jacques Machado. [12]
* Ed O'Neill (Actor): Black belt under Rorion Gracie Trains at the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA [13] has been involved in BJJ since 1992 [14]
* Joe Rogan (Comedian/Actor/Sports Commentator): Brown belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacques Machado.
* Paul Walker (Actor/Model): Known to have trained under Ricardo "Franjinha" Miller. [15]
* Mario Van Peebles (Actor/Writer/Director) earned a blue belt from Ricardo "Rey" Diogo

Musicians

* Ulises Bella (Musician): Trains at the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA. [16]
* Harley Flanagan (Musician): Purple belt under Renzo Gracie.
* Rakaa Iriscience (Musician): Has been training since 1999. Trains under Ryron and Rener at the Gracie Academy in Torrance, CA. [17]
* Tommy Lee (Musician) [18]
* Herman Li (Musician) [19]
* Maynard James Keenan (Musician): Is a purple belt under Rickson Gracie. [20]
* Rikki Rockett (Musician): Black belt under Renato Magno. Trains at Street Sports Jiu-Jitsu in Santa Monica, CA. [21]
* Zack Roth (International House DJ) (Musician): Trains at Mrkulic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy under Royler Gracie Black Belt and ADCC Veteran Mike Mrkulic. Holds the rank of Blue Belt. [22]
* Bruce Williams (World Reknowned Blues Musician) (Musician): Trains at Mrkulic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy under Royler Gracie Black Belt and ADCC Veteran Mike Mrkulic. Holds the rank of Blue Belt. [23]

Sportspersons

* Pete Loncarevich (professional BMX racer from 1980

Guess he should've learned underwater Jiu Jitsu instead.

man you are hilarious...

besides, steve irwin didn't train 'bjj', but he rather another form of submission grappling, the name of which escapes me.

I believe he trained with Greg Jackson.

man you are hilarious...

besides, steve irwin didn't train 'bjj', but he rather another form of submission grappling, the name of which escapes me.

man you are hilarious...

no-gi sub wrestling? :icon_conf

Jay Glazer said that Jared Allen of the Kansas city chiefs trained with him and said he was pretty good and very interested in MMA

Jay Glazer said that Jared Allen of the Kansas city chiefs trained with him and said he was pretty good and very interested in MMA

yeah, more and more NFL players are taking up MMA.
Also, Lorenzo Neal of the Chargers has trained with Chuck Liddell.

Maynard Keenan studying BJJ will forever taint my perceptions of him and Tool.

* Richard Norton (Martial Artist/Actor/Stuntman): Black belt under Jean Jacques Machado. [12]

Started with Cesar Gracie when Cesar first starting teaching out of his garage in LA.

Trivial, ..................I know.

I didnt see Bruce Lee's buddy Dan Inosanto on that list, he is a Machado BB. Bruce Lee trained grappling with "Judo" Gene LaBell.

Back