"Lineal" UFC Heavyweight Champion

UFC HW Champ =

Coleman beats Severn
Maruice Smith beats Coleman
Randy beats Coleman

Then...

• Randy won the UFC belt... then left the UFC and promptly lost to Inoue in Japan. The UFC had to prop-up two fighters to fight for a new HW "Belt"...

• Bas Rutten was named the winner over Kevin Randleman... then Bas drops to LHW* and vacates the HW Title (suffers injuries and retires)

• Randleman (who just lost to Bas) beats Pete Williams to win the "new-new UFC Belt"

• Randy comes back, after losing MULTIPLE TIMES outside of the UFC, and wins the "new-new Belt" from Randleman..... leaves the UFC as their Champ again (sort of), and LOSES AGAIN...

• The UFC ignores the fact that Valentijn Overeem beat Randy... and now essentially, Randy fights Pedro Rizzo for the new-new-new UFC Belt... Randy wins.

• Josh Barnett beats Randy for the defacto new-new-new UFC Belt... but despite not getting any sanctions by any athletic commission, the UFC decides to "strip" Barnett of the Title after testing positive for a banned substance.

• The new-new-new-new UFC HW Belt is up for grabs and it's Randy again, but this time Ricco Rodriguez beats him. Then Ricco loses the belt to Sylvia.

• Frank Miir beats Sylvia... but Frank Mir gets into a motorcycle accident... and Arolvski and Sylvia fight for the FIVE-TIME REMOVED "new" UFC HW Belt... when he returns, Frank Mir loses to Maricio Cruz

• Randy beat Sylvia for this watered down belt... sort of leaves the UFC... Frank Mir and Minotauro fight for the 6-Time removed paper Title.... etc... Brock beats Randy... Velasquez beats Brock.... Cigano beats Velasquez... <-- STILL ONLY fighting for the 6-Time removed "UFC HW Belt"...

UFC HW Belt...

8570202.jpg

(see: retread)

That's a haters way of looking at it. By your thinking, in 100 years the belt will still be illegitimate because of shit that happened a long time before. Completely fucking dumb.

That's a haters way of looking at it. By your thinking, in 100 years the belt will still be illegitimate because of shit that happened a long time before. Completely fucking dumb.

Hater's way?

Calling Daniel Cormier a "Paper Champ"... while ignoring ^this history^ of the "UFC HW Title"... that's the Hater way.

By my thinking...?
These "Belts" that Promotion Org give can be CONTRIVED.

The Lineal Title is more straight forward. More legitimate, if you want to put it that way.

For more context of my thinking...
Daniel Cormier = UFC LHW Champ
Jon Jones = Lineal LHW Champ

Last edited:
Hater's way?

Calling Daniel Cormier a "Paper Champ"... while ignoring ^this history^ of the "UFC HW Title"... that's the Hater way.

By my thinking...?
These "Belts" that Promotion Org give can be CONTRIVED.

The Lineal Title is more straight forward. More legitimate, if you want to put it that way.

For more context of my thinking...
Daniel Cormier = UFC LHW Champ
Jon Jones = Lineal LHW Champ

"Watered down belt" and you don't think you're just hating on the belt for the fun of it? So 100 years from now GSP will still be the WW lineal champ, and THAT is more legitimate?

Keep hating.

"Watered down belt" and you don't think you're just hating on the belt for the fun of it? So 100 years from now GSP will still be the WW lineal champ, and THAT is more legitimate?

Keep hating.

Why are you "Hating" on Enson Inoue?

Pay attention...

Anyone calling Daniel Cormier a "paper champ"... and NOT calling every UFC HW Champ from Randy to Cigano the same thing... is a hypocrite. If anything THAT is who I'm (so-called) "Hating" on.

Randy didn't retire.
Randy got beat by Inoue months later.

The UFC re-treaded their HW "Belt"...

Simply fact of the matter.
That's why the whole notion of "Belts" is/can be contrived. AND THAT is the real point here.

contrivance -
(1b) - an artificial arrangement or development
(1) - something contrived -- obviously planned or forced; artificial; strained

Back