Lightsabre battle Jedi vs Sith who's the best?

This one cracks me up because Obi is like "you can't win, I have the high ground" and he's personally won from the low ground several times.

Then he just leaves his best friend limbless and burning on the ground instead of at least doing the honorable and decent thing, which is putting him out of his misery.
This is one thing I still don't get why Obi didnt finish of Anakin

This one cracks me up because Obi is like "you can't win, I have the high ground" and he's personally won from the low ground several times.

Then he just leaves his best friend limbless and burning on the ground instead of at least doing the honorable and decent thing, which is putting him out of his misery.

The high ground paradox doesn't bother me.

Kenobi beat Maul even though Maul had the high ground, but he did so by doing a force jump and flip in the air and landing behind Maul.

Once Kenobi started training Anakin, he undoubtedly taught him the move that saved his life.

But the move needs the element of surprise to work. And since Kenobi knew that he only taught Anakin that one move for dealing with a higher ground opponent, he knew that was the move Anakin would make, thus he could easily counter it.

As for Kenobi not putting him out of his misery... I could see how one could think it wasn't necessary, since the guy is already literally on fire, he should be dead in a matter of seconds.

As for Kenobi not putting him out of his misery... I could see how one could think it wasn't necessary, since the guy is already literally on fire, he should be dead in a matter of seconds.

Yeah. So why not spare him however many seconds of agony and just end it?

BTW...

Fuck the Jedi and the Sith in both Cannon and legends. OPasF

Give me non-force users that best them with brains, tactics and skill like:
Thrawn
The Fetts
Han Solo
Fel
and hell I'll even give the Vong some respect

Obi-Wan reasonably assumed that Anakin was already dying. A dead man. He had no time due to Darth Sidious prompt arrival. Second, because it was not the Jedi way. Remember way back when Anakin disarms Dooku and has him at his mercy, but stops short at the thought of actually killing him. Well, after cutting Dooku's head off he says, 'it is not the Jedi way.' Killing an unarmed opponent is murder.

Obi-Wan was running out of time. He knew that to climb down to that hot black beach might cost him more time and maybe his life being that close to the lava. He would leave it to the will of the Force, and we need Vader for the other movies.

...and why did Obi-Wan let himself be killed by Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker)?

He sees that Luke Skywalker is vital to helping Anakin (Darth Vader) fulfill his destiny. So Obi-Wan knows that he cannot kill Vader and bring balance to the Force. As a spirit, he will be able to help Luke Skywalker become a Jedi to defeat and save his father. My 2 cents...

People overrate Darth Maul because he was a cool character.

Starkiller or Mace Windu is my choice.

Yeah. So why not spare him however many seconds of agony and just end it?

Because even after everything Anakin had done, Obi Wan still believed he could be redeemed. Not just out of love for his brother; his instincts were telling him the Force needed Skywalker to live. And Obi Wan was right; Luke could never have defeated the Emperor on his own.

It's as if they forgot how he beat Darth Maul.

Kenobis skill and power was written inconsistently throughout all of the Star Wars franchises. It was all over the map

He got bitched out by Count Dooku twice. I was very disappointed how that was handled. He should've had a much better showing. Anakin destroys Dooku and Kenobi beats Anakin.

The Clone Wars cartoon is a another good example. Characters like Savage Oppress should never have been able to stand with Jedi as skilled and battle hardened as Anakin and Obi Wan. Just didn't make much sense to me. Even Maul, Kenobi handled him easily as a Padawan and throughout the clone wars Maul makes too good of showing out of it, far to many times.

Then in Rebels Obi Wan finished Maul off in a split second.

Don't even get me started on Aasajj Ventress. She was so OP it wasn't even funny. Defeating Anakin and Kenobi on different occasions. Or at least avoiding capture and beating up on them.

IV - Sith, 1-0 (Vader > Kenobi)

V - Sith , 1-0 (Vader > Skywalker)

VI - Jedi 1-0 (Skywalker > Vader)

I - Tie 1-1-1 (*Jin- Maul draw; Maul > **Jin, Kenobi > Maul) *Jin retreated, **Started off 2 Jedi vs 1 Sith

II - Sith 2-0-1 (*Dooko > Kenobi & Skywalker, draw with Yoda) * Also started off as 2 Jedi vs 1 Sith

III - Sith, 4-1-1 (*Sidious > 3 Jedi, draw with Windu; Kenobi > Vader; Sidious > Yoda [submission]) * Started out as 4 Jedi vs 1 Sith

VII - No Sith vs Jedi duels in this movie.

R1 - No Sith vs Jedi duels in this movie.

By my count, Sith are up 9-2-3, and that's with the Jedi trying to gang up on them more than once.

bf1933f6897fcc5c858a622e241038783d165bab_hq.gif
Victory conditions should be considered here. In the fight with Qui-gon Jin vs Darth Maul in the desert Maul was trying to kill, Qui-gon was trying to get Anakin to safety. That's a win for Jin.

In episode 3 the fight with Vader and Sidious vs Windu and the three numpties, the Sith won hands down killing all the jedi.

What if Anakin Skywalker never became Darth Vader? He joins the Dark side of the Force and becomes a Sith to save his wife, Padmé. Well, he ends up killing her and continues as a Dark Lord. That never really made any sense to me. Had he not joined the Dark side, both he and Padmé would have lived a long happy life together with their two children.

Last edited:
In my book Yoda is the winner in Tier 1.

Last edited:
Jaden from Jedi academy gets second running to Starkiller also,

Could duel wield like a boss also.

And switch back and forth from single to duel, strong to fast styles on the fly.

First I've heard of him ill check into it

Darth Maul kicked the shit out of 2 Jedi simultaneously... He pulled a Red Viper and got cocky and it cost him dearly.

But all the wire fun the badassness and his sabre staff is legend.

It is and though I've seen the empire strikes back about 50 times (that's a conservative estimate)

Darth maul is the only reason I've watched the phantom menace as many times as I have.

BTW...

Thrawn
The Fetts
Han Solo
Fel
You're forgetting maybe the baddest of them all (except for Boba in the old EU): Cad Bane. After all, he survived an open, unplanned pursuit by Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos.

His #2 freelancer wasn't too shabby, herself (not pictured): Aurra Sing.

4c469689c9050e15dcb5fe25e41de8b0.jpg

Last edited:
What if Anakin Skywalker never became Darth Vader? He joins the Dark side of the Force and becomes a Sith to save his wife, Padmé. Well, he ends up killing her and continues as a Dark Lord. That never really made any sense to me. Had he not joined the Dark side, both he and Padmé would have lived a long happy life together with their two children.

Because it wasn't really about her. It was about ego and power.

BTW...

Thrawn
The Fetts
Han Solo
Fel

look nancy here's some free advice youre going to get curb stomed to a few bad bruises and scrapes by some enraged pack of nerds talking that blasphemy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back