Lightforce Greens...this stuff is great!

dreamma

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been using Lightforce greens for a month now and I thought I would post a thread. The stuff is great...I wouldn't say that it gives you a huge amount of extra energy like some of the athletes that endorse the product say it does, but it does make you feel healthier and more balanced for sure.

What really made me try Lightforce Greens was that it has alkaloids in it which raise your body pH. There is a whole school of thought that preaches raising one's body pH is the key to a healthier lifestyle. Many of the things that people in this country consume including coffee, preservatives, fast food, and processed foods lower the bodies pH creating your body chemistry very acidic. If a plant's pH or the soil that the plant is in has a low/high pH the plant will block out certain nutrients and make the plant deficient of those nutrients. This makes me believe that if a humans body pH is off, the human body will, on some level, block out certain nutrients and not perform at peak levels.

If anyone is looking for a green supplement I would go for the Lightforce Greens. I have tired the GNC greens formula and also the Trader Joes Greens formula. This one blows them away because of the alkaloids. It is also a great value! I actually paid for overnight shipping when I ordered mine and I got a email back saying that they were back ordered. They said they would send me a extra tub of it for the inconvenience and followed through. Now I have one at my office and one at home.

Bottom line...try this product! Hit me up if you have any questions about it.

I'm a greens plus man myself, but to each his own.

Is this supplement available in the UK? ive been looking for a greens supplement in the uk but green + costs $79 in the uk!

What really made me try Lightforce Greens was that it has alkaloids in it which raise your body pH. There is a whole school of thought that preaches raising one's body pH is the key to a healthier lifestyle. Many of the things that people in this country consume including coffee, preservatives, fast food, and processed foods lower the bodies pH creating your body chemistry very acidic.

Coffee is actually alkalizing, I believe. Also, most of this forum follows John Berardi's thoughts on keeping an alkaline diet, so you're preaching to the choir for the most part. Have you tried Greens+? It seems to be more highly touted as a Greens product than Lightforce.

greens+ for me. I tried light force and the taste would stick with me for hours after I drank the seaweed water. Since you are supposed to take it 3 times a day I was tasting seaweed water all damn day long.

Coffee is actually alkalizing, I believe. Also, most of this forum follows John Berardi's thoughts on keeping an alkaline diet, so you're preaching to the choir for the most part. Have you tried Greens+? It seems to be more highly touted as a Greens product than Lightforce.

That's because Greens+ is just a vegetable powder. Lightforce has the magical properties of super alkaloids.

Note: Just about all of the extracts in every greens powder has alkaloids. Lightforce may be superior, but thats nearly half the point in a greens supplement, and vegetables in general.

How do Greens+ and Lightforce compare? Any pros or cons?

How do Greens+ and Lightforce compare? Any pros or cons?

I've never used lightforce, from a price perspective, I believe greens+ can be had for about half the price on most websites. I'm considering trying miracle greens, though. It is much cheaper than greens+.

I am sure that greens + is a great greens supplement as well. I took a look at theire website and, like many greens supplements, they have just about the same ingredients as Lightforce Greens. The difference is the alkaloids and possibly the freshness and quality of the greens in which the extracts are taken from. I cannot vouge for the fresheness and quality of greens from Lightforce but when I asked them, of course they said that they use the hightest quality. I can tell you that it is the best Greens product that I have used...have not tried Greens + though, which seems to be a popular one on here.

I am sure there are other people "preaching" about balancing your body pH on here, and there should be. I just thought I would post my opinion. I am pretty new to the forums on sherdog so I wasn't sure if someone already posted something on body pH.

Coffee is definietly acidic. Check this link out: http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm

The link is a chart on alkaline and acidic foods...very useful information. Coffee has a pH of 4, Coke has a pH of 2, and beer has a pH of 2.5! For those of you who aren't framiliar with the pH scale, the lower the number is the more acidic it is. So if you drink coffee in the moring, coke for lunch, and a beer with dinner...you better get some alkalides in your life..haha.

Hit me up if you guys have anymore questions. I will do a review of Cryogel in the near future. I am sure there has many reviews on it, but the product is AMAZING and I want to do another one.

One more thing I forgot to add is what made me start researching body pH and Lightforce Greens. I graduated from college almost two years ago and when I started waking up super early for work every morning I started drinking coffee on a regular basis. I was very healthy before that and maybe got sick once every one or two years. After a few months of drinking coffee everyday I started to get sick...a lot! Colds, Flus, headaches....I got them all. I graduated from college with a degree in Horticulture so I was very framiliar with pH in plants and remembered how plants would react to unblanced pH levels. As soon as I stopped drinking coffee and switched it up to Tea and also supplemented with the Lightforce Greens I haven't been sick since! No Joke. So that kind of made me a firm believer in body pH and the Lightforce Greens. They should be paying me for this shit...haha. Just joking, just wanted to put some info out there that might help someone else. I know how being sick can interfere with training and also get everyone else on the team or in the gym sick. No one wants to miss class because they are sick!

I am sure that greens + is a great greens supplement as well. I took a look at theire website and, like many greens supplements, they have just about the same ingredients as Lightforce Greens. The difference is the alkaloids and possibly the freshness and quality of the greens in which the extracts are taken from. I cannot vouge for the fresheness and quality of greens from Lightforce but when I asked them, of course they said that they use the hightest quality. I can tell you that it is the best Greens product that I have used...have not tried Greens + though, which seems to be a popular one on here.

I am sure there are other people "preaching" about balancing your body pH on here, and there should be. I just thought I would post my opinion. I am pretty new to the forums on sherdog so I wasn't sure if someone already posted something on body pH.

Coffee is definietly acidic. Check this link out: http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm

The link is a chart on alkaline and acidic foods...very useful information. Coffee has a pH of 4, Coke has a pH of 2, and beer has a pH of 2.5! For those of you who aren't framiliar with the pH scale, the lower the number is the more acidic it is. So if you drink coffee in the moring, coke for lunch, and a beer with dinner...you better get some alkalides in your life..haha.

Hit me up if you guys have anymore questions. I will do a review of Cryogel in the near future. I am sure there has many reviews on it, but the product is AMAZING and I want to do another one.

I don't think you fully understand. All greens supplements are alkaloids, the difference is ligthforce talks about it more in marketting. I'm not saying lightforce is bad, just that it really doesn't have anything special over other greens supplements. All the extracts of plants that are in lightforce make the "alkaloids", of which most other greens products have similar ingredients.

this isn't how the diet works, even in theory.

any food you're going to eat is going to have a higher PH than your stomach. your stomach contans a pretty strong concentration of what is basically HCL. it maintains a ph of around 2 by pumping in more gastric acid as you eat.

the alkaline acid diet in their hinges upon chemical particles of your digested food then reacting with other chemicals in your liver (i would think) to form acidic or basic sustances that will affect the PH of your bloodstream.

I don't think you fully understand. All greens supplements are alkaloids, the difference is ligthforce talks about it more in marketting. I'm not saying lightforce is bad, just that it really doesn't have anything special over other greens supplements. All the extracts of plants that are in lightforce make the "alkaloids", of which most other greens products have similar ingredients.

I will check more into the ingredients and get back to you on this. Unless you have gone through the ingreditents one by one before making that claim then your statement is not entirely true...as mine is not either. I can say that the Lightforce definitely tasted more alkaline than any other green product that I have tried. I agree with you on the marketing though...I am sure they are marketing it for hype.

this isn't how the diet works, even in theory.

any food you're going to eat is going to have a higher PH than your stomach. your stomach contans a pretty strong concentration of what is basically HCL. it maintains a ph of around 2 by pumping in more gastric acid as you eat.

the alkaline acid diet in their hinges upon chemical particles of your digested food then reacting with other chemicals in your liver (i would think) to form acidic or basic sustances that will affect the PH of your bloodstream.

You sound that you are more versed on this subject than I am. I was pretty much giving a intuitive review of what I felt and experienced from Lightforce greens. The experiment wasn't controlled either because I quit drinking coffee at the same time, but my body had a stronger response to the Lightforce than other greens, I can tell you that. I think that everything works better when it is in balance, so anything I can do to put my body back in a more balanced state has to be good as far as I am concerned. What do you think about this?

You sound that you are more versed on this subject than I am. I was pretty much giving a intuitive review of what I felt and experienced from Lightforce greens. The experiment wasn't controlled either because I quit drinking coffee at the same time, but my body had a stronger response to the Lightforce than other greens, I can tell you that. I think that everything works better when it is in balance, so anything I can do to put my body back in a more balanced state has to be good as far as I am concerned. What do you think about this?
as far as i'm concerned, take what you want, and who knows itmay be doing you good. i just haven't seen anything particularily convincing as to the claims. i've even seen some recent studies (i'll try to dig them up) that coffee has no impact on lifespan. personally, i cannot drink the black stuff, as caffeine makes me jittery.

The body maintains a a very narrow pH range, 7.35-7.45, and has many mechanisms for maintaining the pH in this range. Are you talking about keeping the pH in the upper portion of this range having beneficial effects? If so what are they and has there been any research to back this up?

Just to add to what JSN explained, the alkaline diet affects how efficiently your body works at buffering; your blood pH will almost always remain the same, yet how hard your body has to work at maintaining said pH is the key.

Dreamma: Coffee is not acidic. It's PRAL is -1.4, and beer generally sits just slightly negative, depending on the type. How foods are ****bolized determines the potential renal acid load.

Dreamma, are you sure you're not a salesman of some kind? I used to use Lightforce and yeah, I'll agree its a great product, but its also way overpriced. I'll stick with my gnc mega-greens which are less than half the price of lightforce and don't taste like rotten seaweed.

The body maintains a a very narrow pH range, 7.35-7.45, and has many mechanisms for maintaining the pH in this range. Are you talking about keeping the pH in the upper portion of this range having beneficial effects? If so what are they and has there been any research to back this up?
see mike's post below. in this specific case the most convincing ing i've seen is a snippet he dug up about acid alkaline diet preventing your skeletal Ca from entering your bloodstream to maintain homeostasis. i could see a possible loss of bone density from this, but in terms of ph balance in the blood affectiving, i mean meh like you said the body will make it's own adjustments and very quickly.

Didn't realize how many experts there were on the subject. Not sure what PRAL really is except for a way to measure the relative acidity/alkalinity of food in your diet? Coffee is indeed acidic...I have seen credible research that says so. Not much to really research though, the proof is in the pudding. I actually tested a cup with a paper pH strip that I had laying aournd and it came in at 5.4, which is higly acidic. For anyone who knows anything about pH, a drop from 7.0 (neutral) to 5.4 is very substantial. pH grows/declines exponentially not on a linear scale, and a drop of 1.6 from neutral very large. For example, a change in pH from 6 to 7 represents a 10 fold change. A change in pH from 5 to 7 represents a 100 time difference! So you see, Coffee is very acidic.

Now how it is ****bolized in the body and what the output into the bloodstream is, I don't know about all that and I am not going to pretend like I do. I can only assume that if it goes in acidic, it must go out acidic? I could be wrong though...didn't do very well in physiology. I would just say to anyone reading these posts to take what ever you get from here with a grain of salt and conduct your own research before making any decisions. It is a great place to get personal opinions on products, but as far as the facts go, I would validate anything I hear on the forums if you are that serious about it. The funny thing that you will probably find research to back up everything that has been posted here...that is the way science is sometimes...everyone thinks that they know what's going on until the next guy proves him wrong (but that guy still thinks he's right and leaves his research out there for people to buy into).

And again, I am not a salesman or in NO WAY affiliated with Lightforce Greens. I can tell you that I will definitely do my research before my next review on sherdog because people know their shit on here...haha!

Back