Lifts with a hurt thumb?

Aardvark

White Belt
Reaction score
In a moment of awe inspiring grace and skill I managed to fuck up my right thumb. I am supposed to leave it alone for a couple weeks while it heals, but would rather not stop lifting completely.

Any recommendations as to lifts I can do when the base of the thumb (the meaty part next to the bottom of the palm) shouldn't be loaded?

I'm thinking zercher (spelling) squats/deadlifts, maybe pullovers with a dumbell held up with the edges of my hands, etc.

-A.

I fractured my thumb two nights ago, and Im wondering the same thing...

Old thread but TTT....has anyone had a fractured thumb here? How long did it take for you to get full range of motion back?

You are quite welcome, and thanks for the stupid PM. I'm not the idiot bumping a 5 year old thread.

You are quite welcome, and thanks for the stupid PM. I'm not the idiot bumping a 5 year old thread.

Hey troll, it's better to search and bump and old thread and try for answers before making a new one...but what do I know, I haven't been on the forum for a whole year like you.

Finally after 1000 posts I get called a troll!

My work is done.

My advice is to avoid using hook grip because it'll hurt. Lots.

Hey troll, it's better to search and bump and old thread and try for answers before making a new one...but what do I know, I haven't been on the forum for a whole year like you.

If this is forum policy, I'm leaving. That's just dumb.

Old thread but TTT....has anyone had a fractured thumb here? How long did it take for you to get full range of motion back?

Not all thumb fractures are going to be the same or heal in the same amount of time.

I've fractured both my thumbs at least once, and it takes a long time to get full motion back. For me it took at least 6 months, but that was with constant abuse.

Not all thumb fractures are going to be the same or heal in the same amount of time.

Thanks tips. I was just curious what the experience was for anyone else who had a thumb fracture even if it was not necessarily the same kind.

When did everyone become such dicks around here? If only I were still modding.

I've fractured both my thumbs at least once, and it takes a long time to get full motion back. For me it took at least 6 months, but that was with constant abuse.

Thanks. Very good to know. I'm about 80% motion now with some pain (after 4 weeks) so just hoping 100% will be soon

Back