lifting twice in the same day...

ballhawkdawk

****ing Gumshoe's dad
@Brown
Reaction score
Is it okay to lift twice in the same day? For example, would it be fine to do bench press in the morning and squats at night. Also, would it be okay to do bench press in the morning and bench press at night?

I would never lift twice in the same day. Especially not the same lift. That is overkill. Are you a newcomer to weightlifting? If that is the case, don't even consider it. I have been lifting for 10 yrs. and I would not even think of it.

I'm somewhat of a newcomer. It's mostly just something I'm curious about. Sometimes I lift at school, but sometimes I'm on a time constraint so I can only be in there for like 30-45 minutes on those days. I have some equipment at home to use, but I don't wanna do too much like you mentioned. Thanks for the answer!

Yes you can. Don't train to Faliure, stay the hell away from it like shit on a monkey. Work on Form and always vary your weights every day. Its never about the weight. Workout when you a fresh and then stop. A few sets of 3-5 reps here and there will go a long way.

i would try it but i know i would fall asleep after eating like a pig after my first workout

/trying to gain weight

Try doing a search on Pavel Tsatsouline and greasing the groove. He will give the best answer to those questions.

BabyPhenom said:
Try doing a search on Pavel Tsatsouline and greasing the groove. He will give the best answer to those questions.

thats what I generally reference to.

He basically states that you can do most exercises aot, but they can't be taxing (ie when you begin to feel fatiqued, you've done 1 or 2 reps too many). Its more along the lines of getting the cns to adapt without taxing them then causing micro tears in the muscle.

For an advanced lifter wanting to develop motor learning, this is possible but you use a light weight and focus on technique. For strength and power development, this is not a good idea, unles you are a genetic freak or are a walking pharmacy.

Ian1983 said:
thats what I generally reference to.

He basically states that you can do most exercises aot, but they can't be taxing (ie when you begin to feel fatiqued, you've done 1 or 2 reps too many). Its more along the lines of getting the cns to adapt without taxing them then causing micro tears in the muscle.

I was under the impression you would generally do it to help get past a plateau/'shock' the muscles

Didn't think you could do it for that long.

Sorry if I was misleading

Back