Li Kai Wen Offered A UFC Contract But ONE Won't Release Him

In Singapore, calling your boss a liar will get you caned

Calling your boss an ashhole will get you deported

Doing it publically is a 20 year sentence with no Sauna priveledges

Sucks for the guy but if you're under contract you're under contract.

I sometimes think smaller promotions should be more open about letting guys go to the UFC sometimes though as that might allow them to sign other up and coming fighters. If someone has a long term goal of the UFC then they might avoid ONE or Bellator or KSW or other places where it's awkward to move on from.

I sometimes think smaller promotions should be more open about letting guys go to the UFC sometimes though as that might allow them to sign other up and coming fighters. If someone has a long term goal of the UFC then they might avoid ONE or Bellator or KSW or other places where it's awkward to move on from.

I would imagine that decent chinese fighters are basically highly sought after. due to the commercial potential. I doubt the UFC would give a shit if this kid was Russian or Brazilian.

There is a reason why Cagewarriors is attractive, if you get an ufc offer they will release you directly from Cagewarriors

There is a reason why Cagewarriors is attractive, if you get an ufc offer they will release you directly from Cagewarriors

Yep, generally speaking so will LFA, CFFC, Invicta, UAE Warriors, M1 and Brave.

It’s Chatri I don’t expect anything less

why did he sign with ONE if he wanted to keep UFC options open?

Did you read the Tweet?

Li Kai Wen wants to leave one to to the UFC but Chatri won't let him go

It's been 3 years
Like mentioned above, if you are under contract you are under contract. Why would a promotion let you go when you are under contract just because the UFC called? Same thing that happened to Du Plessis, who signed with KSW then wanted to leave in the middle of the contract because the UFC called. Finish the contract, become a free agent then leave, this is why fighters should sign short-term contracts. Works the same when you hear UFC fighters complain about their pay but they just signed a new contract.

Like mentioned above, if you are under contract you are under contract. Why would a promotion let you go when you are under contract just because the UFC called? Same thing that happened to Du Plessis, who signed with KSW then wanted to leave in the middle of the contract because the UFC called. Finish the contract, become a free agent then leave, this is why fighters should sign short-term contracts. Works the same when you hear UFC fighters complain about their pay but they just signed a new contract.

You are right. Fighters need to fulfill their contractual obligations but it shouldn't mean that can't at least field potential offers.

It'd be remiss to point out all of the times promotions have let fighters out of their contracts to go to the UFC. Or the times UFC stars had received offers from other promotions before their contracts were up. Look at Corey Anderson and Pettis. They were in talks with Bellator and PFL respectively before their contracts ended.

You are right. Fighters need to fulfill their contractual obligations but it shouldn't mean that can't at least field potential offers.

It'd be remiss to point out all of the times promotions have let fighters out of their contracts to go to the UFC. Or the times UFC stars had received offers from other promotions before their contracts were up. Look at Corey Anderson and Pettis. They were in talks with Bellator and PFL respectively before their contracts ended.
Agreed, they can field offers all they want, the problem with Li Kai Wen is that he wants out of the contract without fulfilling that contract first.

Well u fucks he can't fulfill his contract if ONE doesn't give him fights, He is getting the Herbert Burns treatment

Oh, well he should have got an agent who read the small print on the contract about how often he was supposed to be offered fights in that case.

Back