• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LHW is now the worst division in the ufc

He went to split decision with an old middleweight Jacare and got knocked tf out by Santos less then two years ago.

Saying he 'dominated' a middleweight in a workmanlike decision where nobody got hurt is a stretch.

Reyes is busy getting his salad tossed repeatedly. Jiri smashed his face up so bad he's on an extended break. Its possible the war with Jones took something out of him he didn't recover from, who knows.

Either way, Jan is a likeable, solid mid-tier fighter who never had championship qualities. A 42 year old Glover just walked through him with complete impunity.
is always the case your never the same after facing jones unless your DC

I am going laugh so hard when Glover subs Jiri. He's gonna get hurt and drag Jiri to the ground, and strangle him or break his arm.

All the haters are gonna be crying about how Jiri was never that good and the best LHWs, glass chinned Anderson, and Ryan "the quitter" Bader are in Bellator.

completely disagree. Jan fought Izzy (I know a true mw) who is a striking dynamo and was winning the stand up at points. That tells me his isn’t some run of the mill lhw. Dude is legit, maybe not as great as Jones or chuck were, but he is a legit lhw champ. Or was lol. He still beats almost every lhw. currently and I think he gives jiri issues who is supposedly the one in line to hold the lhw belt for awhile. He just looked really off from the get go.

Jan's record speaks for itself.

Worst male division in the UFC*.... not convinced it's worse than HW though.

I watch top ranked WMMA fighters in the UFC that legit look like people who just took some MMA classes in the past 2 years.

No, LHW is filling the void left from Jones dominance. It's just titles moving hands until it finds the real dominant champion of the division. Similar to LW after Khabib left.

middle weigth is mutch worst
Worst male division in the UFC*.... not convinced it's worse than HW though.

I watch top ranked WMMA fighters in the UFC that legit look like people who just took some MMA classes in the past 2 years.

The level from best to worst division in UFC has extremely slim margins of difference.

If LHW is the worst division now, it was before this fight as well. Glover beating Jan doesn't make the division weaker.

I don't know if this logic is coming from Jan nuthuggers or Jones nuthuggers but it just doesn't make sense either way

It needed a story line where an old man beats another old man to win the belt.

I think it's because few fighters have balls to fight in LHW and HW, most Fighters cut weight to Fight smaller men.

They’re just warming the belt for Ankalaev. Ankalaev vs Jiri will be the fight for the two best lhws in the ufc
other than blachowiz v jiri, rakic vs jiri is the best possible lhw fight, with their skills and history for the buildup/hype

Now? You just realized this now?

Where were you when I said if Santos and Smith are getting title shots the division is in trouble? 2 MW rejects that never sniffed the title at MW getting title shots at LHW? For real?
Where were you when I said if beating Weidman can get a person a LHW title shot but beating Weidman at MW doesn't that should tell you LHW was in danger? Reyes beat Weidman and got a 205 title shot. Mousasi beats Weidman at MW and the UFC doesn't want to match Bellator's offer and lets him walk.
Where were you when I said if a Jan, on the downside of his career, a dinosaur from 2 generations ago, won the belt it means LHW is on fire?
Where were you a few days ago when I said when Glover beats Jan can we stop pretending that Jan is in prime form and actually the best LHW in the world and just admit the UFC's LHW division is a raging dumpster fire?

@kflo might not agree with what I've been saying but he can at least verify I've been calling the UFC's 205 division a hot ball of burning garbage for a while now.

Do y’all not get tired of tearing down every fighter who loses a title fight?

LHW is skin & bones these days compared to when it was the marquee division, but it's stacked compared to 125.

And the thinnest division is definitely WMMA 145

Now? You just realized this now?

Where were you when I said if Santos and Smith are getting title shots the division is in trouble? 2 MW rejects that never sniffed the title at MW getting title shots at LHW? For real?
Where were you when I said if beating Weidman can get a person a LHW title shot but beating Weidman at MW doesn't that should tell you LHW was in danger? Reyes beat Weidman and got a 205 title shot. Mousasi beats Weidman at MW and the UFC doesn't want to match Bellator's offer and lets him walk.
Where were you when I said if a Jan, on the downside of his career, a dinosaur from 2 generations ago, won the belt it means LHW is on fire?
Where were you a few days ago when I said when Glover beats Jan can we stop pretending that Jan is in prime form and actually the best LHW in the world and just admit the UFC's LHW division is a raging dumpster fire?

@kflo might not agree with what I've been saying but he can at least verify I've been calling the UFC's 205 division a hot ball of burning garbage for a while now.
It’s little different than when Forrest was champ. People just have rose colored glasses for the good old days.

and yes. You’ve been consistent. :)

Last edited:
Back