• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets talk about Stipe's horrible striking defense (again)

You’re an idiot. JDS vs Cain 1? JDS vs Cain 2? Those are your GOATs?

I think they're both the most skilled UFC HW's ever, albeit not the most accomplished.

My point is, Stipe lowered the bar by beating washed up fighters and becoming the most accomplished UFC HW.

Yeh. Stipe has always been a solid, all-round fighter, but with poor striking defense, compensated by a decent chin.

It usually worked against an aging UFC heavyweight roster, particularly only fighting once every year. Prime versions of a lot of the big wins on his resume would have found his chin like Francis did.

He had a good run, but the HW GOAT talk is silly.

Last edited:
Ngannou is the Goat UFC HW once he avanges his lost against Lewis in devastating fashion. Before you bring up title defenses, the guy wiped out the division already.

Stipe was in his prime when he got embarrassed.

Cormier-Miocic.jpg

Big difference.

he got poked in the eye thats why he lost

DC was warned 3 times before he almost took stipes eye out

well yeah he had a hole he also fougth way more dangerous guys that cain who didn t even lasted half a round against ngannou

UFC fans should be rooting for Cain or JDS as the HW GOAT's. Yes, Stipe is more accomplished than both, but skillwise he really lowered the bar. And Ngannou will lower it even more if he surpasses Stipe.

Cain and Stipe though for me are quite similar in some respects when it comes to striking, I think quite a lot of their sucess was based on chasing down guys who are poor when backed up like JDS and Reem.

Stipe definately has power, a pretty good chin/recovery but technically I do think he's always been quite stuff and upright without great timing.

A Francis that has cardio, can wrestle, in addition to his striking is one scary dude

His striking defense is actually quite good, it's just that his style is based around his having an iron chin. It obviously worked quite well up to this point, but it does seem like he got hit with pretty much everything Ngannou threw last night, headkicks included.

This thread isn't about Fedor. It's about Stipe's terrible striking defense. Don't be so triggered guys.

Nice tacit admission to ignoring Fedor's striking deficiencies that even pro-wrestlers in Japanese freak show fights were able to take advantage of. And dismissing the Mighty Maldonado's drubbing of Fedor as being past the latter's prime is silly since at that point the Mighty LHW Maldonado had also received lots of brain damage of his own from the like of Glover Teixeira and Stipe Miocic (amongst several others).

Last edited:
Fedor dominated until he entered a legit org and then miraculously passed his prime and got his ass beat like a Cherokee drum by all the bum fighters. How convenient.

Back