Opinion Let's take a moment and remember the events of 9-11 - what were you doing when it happened?

Sure but there a lot more guys in the War Room who think America deserved 9/11 than there are KKK guys...
There's a big difference between saying that innocent people deserved to die, and that American foreign policies might have attributed to what happened. The US has destroyed entire nations and been responsible for killing thousands if not hundreds of thousands of innocent people, as well as radicalizing fundamentalists. Not just indirectly, but directly as well. Drone strikes alone have killed more people than 9/11 several times over, about 10-20% of those civilians, many of them children.

It's still not "well nothing we can do about it" which is how the quote is being used.
They did do something about it. They put up unsightly bollards all throughout the city to stop another truck of peace from enriching the community.

Define “entire world”. Millions of people had no idea it happened and still don’t - their lives continue as normal

In the civilized world, where we use airplanes and visas. Sorry I didn't include poor indigenous shitholes.

There's a big difference between saying that innocent people deserved to die, and that American foreign policies might have attributed to what happened. The US has destroyed entire nations and been responsible for killing thousands if not hundreds of thousands of innocent people, as well as radicalizing fundamentalists. Not just indirectly, but directly as well. Drone strikes alone have killed more people than 9/11 several times over, about 10-20% of those civilians, many of them children.
But I was told they hate us for our freedoms though. What gives?

I bet you could've sworn a lot of things that aren't true.

LOL @ you being mad at this.

You're missing the point to correct an obvious(to people who aren't wound as tight as you) exaggeration. Yeah, no shit that wasn't his direct quote. Thanks for correcting the record, genius.

The point is, his level of outrage and condemnation were worlds apart when comparing the weekly Islamic terrorist attacks to the one mosque attack. It's quite clear where his allegiances lie.

LOL @ you being mad at this.

You're missing the point to correct an obvious(to people who aren't wound as tight as you) exaggeration. Yeah, no shit that wasn't his direct quote. Thanks for correcting the record, genius.

The point is, his level of outrage and condemnation were worlds apart when comparing the weekly Islamic terrorist attacks to the one mosque attack. It's quite clear where his allegiances lie.
Mad? What would make you think I'm mad? Your version of what he said is not what he meant to say, and it's obvious when you read the full quote.

You're now talking about the different tone he's showing when condemning two different terror attacks, which is a very different thing to what you first said.

Where does his allegiance lie?

From Long Island, NY. I was in 12th grade at the time when between classes we got an announcement over the loud speaker about a plane hitting into the WTC. Myself and another student went into the cafeteria and turned on the TV and was watching as things unfolded when we watched the second plane hit. A teacher came in, shut the TV off and said we were not allowed in here. I personally should have just went home right there and then but I didn't. I then spent the rest of the day at Boces (Went half a day there in 11th and 12th grade for computing and networking). Our teacher wheeled in a television and we just spent the rest of the day watching and having a discussion about what was unfolding. I remember getting called into the main office at Boces because my mom called to speak to me. Picked up the phone and I noticed my mom was crying and wanted to let me know that she was able to get in touch with my father and that he was OK. I didn't find out til later that my father was scheduled to work on one of the floors above the impact zone in 1 WTC but because the office furniture was delayed and would not arrive until the next day he ended up working in another building. Had that furniture arrived on time he would not be alive today. So that is why I realized my mom was crying. My dad heard the first plane hit from an office building looking straight at both WTC. Saw the second plane hit, saw stuff falling out of the buildings only to realize it was people and saw both buildings collapse.

My dad's two best friends who also worked with him were in the first tower working in an office a bunch floors below the impact zone when the first plane hit. Heard an explosion, ceiling tiles fell down, stuff fell off desks and they felt the building sway back and forth from the plane hitting. They both immediately decided to get out of the building because they remembered the bombing of the WTC in 93. Sadly Larry and Danny were killed on July 30th of 2012. A 30 year old illegal immigrant by the name of Oscar Ramirez was driving a minivan drunk at 4:30 AM on one our local parkways when he drifted into their lane hitting their Kia which pushed it onto the east shoulder of the parkway and across the grass. The Kia then became airborne and struck a tree, killing Larry Scuteri and Danny Gambardella instantly. Sad day :(

I was at schooled, I saw it on TV and I started laughing. I thought it was some new show.

hey dipshit, when it happened to America it literally changed the entire world. Hopefully you don't trip on a tied up noose.
Because America is your whole world.?The only thing that changed in the world is that America went on to start wars and kill thousands of people and destroy thousands of lives. Nobody should care about this date more than any other date where lots of people were killed. Without googling you wouldn't be able to tell me the date of the terror attacks in Madrid, or the ones in Turkey, or Pakistan...

Hopefully you don't visit the wrong school on the wrong day.

Because America is your whole world.?The only thing that changed in the world is that America went on to start wars and kill thousands of people and destroy thousands of lives. Nobody should care about this date more than any other date where lots of people were killed. Without googling you wouldn't be able to tell me the date of the terror attacks in Madrid, or the ones in Turkey, or Pakistan...

It was the worst terrorist attack in history.

Just walked into 3rd period French class. Heard the news on the announcements and turned around and walked out. Half of my extended family lives or works in NYC. My cousin watched it happen from his office in the empire state building. Tried for hours to get a hold of someone that lives out there but all the lines were down. My uncle had to walk from Manhattan to his house in Brooklyn. I drove home and packed to drive to NY. MY mom told me to calm down and wait a few more hours.

Doing a hike on red rock. My uncle(air force pilot) who i was living with was stationed at Nellis at the time and i heard about it when i got back to his house.

First thing he said was something was definitely wrong because the second and third planes should have been shot down.

I was in 10th grade, they didn't talk about it in the morning classes so I was clueless, then a couple of buddies came up to me at lunch and said "Some guys flew a plane into the World Trade Centers." Underselling it a bit, as neither of these kids knew what the WTC even was I'm sure. I was picturing a Cessna or something. I didn't see a picture of it until I got home and my mom was watching it on TV, she was pretty distraught, they were awfully candid with some of those shots. Can you imagine if that happened today? The internet would explode.

hey dipshit, when it happened to America it literally changed the entire world. Hopefully you don't trip on a tied up noose.

To be fair, it only "literally changed the entire world" because america refused any other outcome, massively overreacted and threw a temper-tantrum, bombing the hell out of people who had nothing to do with it, and forcing what was essentially their own problem down everyone else's throat.

It's like if my house were broken into, and I said that the event "literally changed the entire neighbourhood" because I started gunning down passersby, throwing hand-grenades through my neighbours' kitchen windows, and siphoning petrol out of their cars.

Last edited:
Two people who must be absurdly poor. Nobody could believe that an isolated nation like the USA would have this happen to them.

To be fair, it only "literally changed the entire world" because america refused any other outcome, massively overreacted and threw a temper-tantrum, bombing the hell out of people who had nothing to do with it, and forcing what was essentially their own problem down everyone else's throat.

It's like if my house were broken into, and I said that the event "literally changed the entire neighbourhood" because I started gunning down passersby, throwing hand-grenades through my neighbours' kitchen windows, and siphoning petrol out of their cars.

Two people who must be absurdly poor. Nobody could believe that an isolated nation like the USA would have this happen to them.
...therefore it is the most important date in the whole world. And if you disagree with me you must be pooooorrr....

You must be a potato.

Back