Lets score a fight. Toney vs McCallum 1.

Before I do my round scoring, I just got to say what a fucking great fight this is, and no wonder McCallum was avoided like the plague in his younger years.

Round 1 - Fast start from both men, some lovely counters to the body from Mike, and Toney throwing with lots of intent. McCallum seemed quicker to settle, and establish his jab, and that gets him the first.
McCallum 10-9

Round 2 - Another close round, Toney's aggression and willingness to trade gets him the round.
Toney-10-9

Round 3 - Razor close, McCallum's re-establishing of his jab, and sublime footwork gets him the nod.
McCallum 10-9

Round 4 - Great round, some lovely power punches thrown by Toney, and McCallum answering as best he can with some hard counters. Toney's aggression is again the difference here, and even though he missed on some big hooks, he outlanded Mike here.
Toney - 10-9

Round 5 - McCallum throws less punches this round, and Toney lands a couple of sweet shots.
Toney 10-9

Round 6 - Another great round, Toney's hard counters win him the round, and despite McCallum starting to attack the body now, Toney remained unfazed.
Toney 10-9

Round 7 - McCallum gets the jab going again, and starts targeting the body. Toney probably lands the harder shots, but McCallum's workrate and extra aggression gets him the round.
McCallum 10-9

Round 8 - Tough round, McCallum really throwing at the ribs now, and Toney still landing his hard shots. Could go either way this one, but I'll give it to Toney for the more impactful shots landing.
Toney 10-9

Round 9 - McCallum's inside work and relentless pressure gets him the round.
McCallum 10-9

Round 10 - Toney starts the round swinging and landing a couple of hard shots. He then takes the next min and a half off, allowing McCallum to take over. Toney comes back strong again towards the end, and McCallum once again shows he's got some beard on him. Tough to call, due to Toney's inactivity in the middle part. Coin toss, Toney.
Toney 10-9

Round 11 - McCallum keeps Toney at bay with the jab and some more fantastic movement. Toney throwing fewer punches but really loading up on them. McCallum round, but close as they all have been.
McCallum 10-9

Round 12 - Toney swinging wildly, but McCallum avoids easily. Toney looking tired, but then a hook connects on Mike and Toney swarms him. McCallum survives and Toney looks fucked. Last ten seconds Toney connects again on McCallums granite cranium.
Toney 10-9

Toney 115 - McCallum 113

Great fight, both just masters of the art.

Toney wins 116-112 ..... a few close rounds , but a clear Toney win imo

Back