Let's say Roy drops to 205 now...

Fight To Win

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He takes some time off and drops down to 205 in 2013. Who would you -- the honorable and respectable denizens of the Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums - like to see him make his LHW debut against?

Personally I think Roy vs. Beltran sounds good or perhaps Roy vs. Shogun. Imagine the possibilities for a Roy move to LHW. Wars wars wars..

he would need lipo to drop 30 some odd lbs of fat within a year.

Never gonna' happen.................

But if it did, maybe Beltran, Vera, Te Huna, Bonnar? Could be some interesting brawls.

He probably can't be a top contender and get a title shot unless losing all that fat will make him really athletic and quick because he's not that technical of a striker. (which could be because he's short and fat which contributes to his lack of speed) He's got power and a chin.

But a smart fighter will just hit and run and outpoint him. Use kicks. Maybe take him down and just maintain top control to win the round.

He probably can't be a top contender and get a title shot unless losing all that fat will make him really athletic and quick because he's not that technical of a striker. (which could be because he's short and fat) He's got power and a chin.

But a smart fighter will just hit and run and outpoint him. Use kicks. Maybe take him down and just maintain top control to win the round.

Has a hw ever maintained top control on Roy? How would a lhw be able to do so?

Let say Cain beats JDS so DC drops to 205 too.

I had no idea who you were talking about, I thought it was a typo about Rory going to 185.

Basically Roy won't cut to 205

He takes some time off and drops down to 205 in 2013. Who would you -- the honorable and respectable denizens of the Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums - like to see him make his LHW debut against?

Personally I think Roy vs. Beltran sounds good or perhaps Roy vs. Shogun. Imagine the possibilities for a Roy move to LHW. Wars wars wars..

205? Pick or it didn't happen.

Never gonna' happen.................

But if it did, maybe Beltran, Vera, Te Huna, Bonnar? Could be some interesting brawls.

That list of names does I'd say show you the problem, you can be outside the elite at HW and still get alot of fights high up the card, at LHW on the other hand the greater depth means your going to be further down the card in the same position.

If Roy does drop to LHW I suspect it'll be a response to guys like Cormier and Barnett enterting the HW division and pushing him down the pecking order.

The only battle that would matter if he dropped to 205 would be against dehydration. Not gonna happen...

I don't think that he'll cut to 205, but if he did, I would love to see him vs Machida, especially since Roy insists on being introduced (by Buffer) as a "Kung Fu fighter". He would chase Machida around trying to land an overhand right, only to get picked apart (though probably not stopped) by the superior striker.

It was just an idea that I thought would be fun to bat around. I've been put through the woodchipper here again.

What would Roy do at LHW that he cant do better at HW.

First Roy has to get in shape for LHW or some modicum of shape and Roy likes to eat.

Secondly he will trading power for speed, athleticism and mobility and a lot of speed at LHW, speed that Roy does not have. Also losing some of his fat may mean he loses some of his power and possibly his size which he utilizes well at HW.

Roy is too slow for the LHW division, he is better suited for the HW division.

Roy would do pretty well at 205 but the weigh cut would effect him.

I don't think that he'll cut to 205, but if he did, I would love to see him vs Machida, especially since Roy insists on being introduced (by Buffer) as a "Kung Fu fighter". He would chase Machida around trying to land an overhand right, only to get picked apart (though probably not stopped) by the superior striker.

I think Roy needs to stop following guys around and getting outpointed. If people are backing down and running away from your advances like Werdum, then do something different to make them come to you, instead of just constant following and not being able to implement your game. If he made other fighters fight his speed, he could do some major damage in either division,

as long as he only fights in fun fights and i dont have to watch him be a punching bag against the upper echelon

Never going to happen, but I'll play. I like the sound of Roy vs. Shogun.

Back