Let's say Roy drops to 205 now...

That list of names does I'd say show you the problem, you can be outside the elite at HW and still get alot of fights high up the card, at LHW on the other hand the greater depth means your going to be further down the card in the same position.

If Roy does drop to LHW I suspect it'll be a response to guys like Cormier and Barnett enterting the HW division and pushing him down the pecking order.

TBH the list he gave is terrible, Roy would completely murder Beltran or Vera ffs.
He should fight someone like Thiago Silva or Te Huna at least.

Lol roy of all people but yes he might give jbj a tough fight.

30 lbs? He's 250 + lbs! Roy Losing 50 lbs is like Anderson dropping to Featherweight/Lightweight

Nah, it's far more interesting that either Cain or DC will drop to LHW.

He only has 2 maybe 3 fights left the weight cut would be too much at his age

Roy would get absolutely owned at 205. The speed difference between the two divisions is huge and even if Roy drops the weight (which I think he could) he would be in the same position he is now, barely even gatekeeper status.

30 lbs? He's 250 + lbs! Roy Losing 50 lbs is like Anderson dropping to Featherweight/Lightweight

Yes, because Anderson fights 60 pounds overweight at middleweight. Not even remotely comparable.

What was the thing that if Roy gets 100k likes in FB he is going to drop down? He got that and nothing happened.

99.9% of UFC LHW's are way better then Dave Herman and Mitrione coming in on really short notice.

2 low tier HW short notice injury replacements losing to Roy with full training camp are the recent wins that have people talking about Roy being top-10, one of the best HW's, challenging at LHW, lol..... Let's settle down on the Roy is so awesome talk.

Roy would still have a smaller frame then every LHW. Except he wouldn't have a speed or cardio advantage like he might have at HW. Plus the guys at LHW are way more athletic and coordinated then some of the clumsy larger oafish HW's that he manages to catch with his right hand. His wrestling is garbage too, so his ground game would be non existent like it pretty much is at HW.

And as it sadly needs to be pointed out in any thread like this....it's a fact if you follow MMA that is...guys who could or do fight at both LHW & HW have more success at the shallower, shittier, gassier, fatter division.

Last edited:
Rampage,Wand,Beltran,Pokrajac,Maldonado.

Could you imagine Hendo vs Nelson ? Lol

Roy vs Rampage
Roy vs Maldonado
Roy vs Shogun
Roy vs Bonnar
Roy vs Forrest
Roy vs Te Huna
Roy vs Mousasi

That shouldn't be hard at all for a full time athlete.

i mean he's already training hard what, at least 3-5 hours a day for many years now? despite whatever his diet is, how many other fighters do you see with a belly that big? i think Roy is just naturally built like Santa Claus and it would be extremely hard for him to lose all that fat when his body has held onto it for so long already.

i mean he's already training hard what, at least 3-5 hours a day for many years now? despite whatever his diet is, how many other fighters do you see with a belly that big? i think Roy is just naturally built like Santa Claus and it would be extremely hard for him to lose all that fat when his body has held onto it for so long already.

It has to be a mixture of his diet and work ethic, I've heard stories of him always going and getting fast food on the way home from training etc and on the recent TUF it seemed as though his training regime wasn't really on the same level of other professional fighters. I'm sure if he fixed the things he's doing wrong he could be down there in no time, but for some people just altering things like their diet seems like a pretty big ordeal.

Back