Lets say in some crazy alternate dimension....

csx

White Belt
Reaction score
....Dan henderson goes on to beat JJ's and win the LHW title. 1) If Hendo were to call out Anderson Silva to move up and fight him at 205...do you think he would take that bout? 2) if hendo were to win...would that make him the MMA GOAT? if not, what?

wins over fedor, JJ and Silva.. and everyone else? yeah i'd call him the goat

Yes he would be the GOAT. He beats Jon Jones, Anderson. And Fedor. Plus a plethora of many other accomplishments.

yes, I would call him the GOAT over Fedor at that point

That would mean he's the goat, and to no surprise it won't happen

Yes he would be. He would have beaten Nog, Shogun, Machida, Jones, Anderson Fedor, Franklin, and Wand Silva. That is an unbeatable resume right there. But I doubt we'll have to worry about this don't worry TS I don't see Hendo beating Machida let alone Bones and Andy. Still top 5 GOAT without those wins

If he beat Jones (to become LHW champ) then defended against Silva (avenging his loss) yes 100% he would be the GOAT.

I would still consider anderson silva the goat, but hendo would be a legend slayer and barely behind silva

I dont know that anderson would move up for that fight....Its kinda of hard to call it a superfight when its already happened once

That would still make him 1-1 with Anderson Silva. Plus he has a lot of losses and bs decision wins, so no. Plus he's on TRT.

People who argue about who the 'GOAT' is have the wrong idea of what being a sports fan is IMO

Sure, but there's a better chance of pink elephants falling from the sky.

....Dan henderson goes on to beat JJ's and win the LHW title. 1) If Hendo were to call out Anderson Silva to move up and fight him at 205...do you think he would take that bout? 2) if hendo were to win...would that make him the MMA GOAT? if not, what?

Too many IF, without IF, Hendo can

wins over fedor, JJ and Silva.. and everyone else? yeah i'd call him the goat

But loses to Shields, Arona, Misaki, Rampage, Lil Nog and arguably to Newton, Bustamante and Murilo

Lol, yeah, Anderson probably would find the motivation, seemingly out of nowhere, to fight at 205 again if that were to happen. If Hendo did go on to beat Jones and Silva, I wouldnt definitively call him the GOAT, but would consider him to have earned a seat at that table, so to speak.

I hate this thread every time I see it. The list of fighters that I would consider the GOAT if they fought and beat JJ and AS in their next two fights is too long to even bother discussing. Those are some pretty big 'ifs' there.

Back