• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's give Wilder some credit...

Does he not have a history of knocking out bigger guys?

It's true but Fury was strategically using his weight in the clinch to tire him out and it worked. He couldn't withstand the bigger man.

pssht he looked slower with the extra weight tonight man..
Can't speak for that poster, but I think he meant Wilder gained too much weight too fast and should have maybe only done about half that.

Respect the hell outta Wilder. Being a warrior isn’t only about how much pain you can dish out, being able to take it like that and not quit is the true definition of a warrior to me. Still just as big of a fan of Wilder as I was before the fight. I just hope he’s alright. Excited for what’s next

I thought Wilder looked good. I mean he landed some solid punches and was a real threat up 'til the 5th round.

Fury was smothering him. hanging on him for majority of the rounds. I think Fury was deadset on draining him even if that ment a deduction of a point.

Dirty, and smart. Fun fight. And I'm hoping Wilder does eat some humble pie and goes back and studies the tapes and we see a better Wilder out there. He's fun to watch.

Wilder will be back he didn't look himself . He started off okay but after the punch to the ear he looked off balance at times . He wasn't in the fight after that .

His corner didn't want to just hope he can pull off the knockout punch and he wasn't going to win if it went the distance on the score cards.

Tyson Fury looked great tonight and kept to his game plan . For a big guy he moves very well and looked strong tonight

I think Wilder needs to have a small rest recover and get back in there plenty of fights fr him

No shame in losing to Tyson Fury

It was good fight congrats to both guys for putting on a great fight . I'm a fan of both and looking forward to seeing who the fight next .

Trilogy not out of the question .

That front headlock was downright abusive lol

that irritated me so much to watch...but until refs start taking points for tactics like that, there is no reason for the boxers to stop, regardless if it’s against the rules.

that irritated me so much to watch...but until refs start taking points for tactics like that, there is no reason for the boxers to stop, regardless if it’s against the rules.
I dont watch boxing enough to know the ref but he did not take control of the ring tonight lol

Wilder is a monster. Dont discredit the man. Fury just made this monster his bitch, cause he is a legit Top 10 ATG. No shame in losing to a master.

He's a great fighter and will bounce back better in the third fight. With that said. He will never beat Tyson fury. In my eyes and majority of people's, Fury is 2-0 over wilder.
I wouldn’t say great fighter he’s a mediocre fighter with a nuke in his right hand but that’s pretty much it

You cant abounded the very basics of defense and expect to beat somebody as skilled as Fury.
Fury could handle the extra weight and push the pace. Wilder couldn't.

That was a very bad performance tonight (and Fury was a fucking maniac), but we've learned something important: He's not a quitter in adversity and he has heart.

Props to him, he wanted to continue and he impressed me in that regard.
eh, I'm a Wilder fan and I liked what he was trying to do in the first 2 rounds. I liked that he was working his jab a little more, I liked that he was poking to the body. That said, if a guy says he wants to go out on his shield, then he has to fight back. Going out on your shield (to me at least) isn't just standing at range eating shots. Its taking a risk when you know you're behind and Wilder didn't do that. When he actually threw punches, he was landing but once he got hurt, he stopped fighting back.

I know, its easy to say sitting on my couch watching but Wilder disappointed me tonight.

Fury finally changed his shit trainer to a very good one and materialized his true potential. Called it.

Respect the hell outta Wilder. Being a warrior isn’t only about how much pain you can dish out, being able to take it like that and not quit is the true definition of a warrior to me. Still just as big of a fan of Wilder as I was before the fight. I just hope he’s alright. Excited for what’s next
Look forward to cte and brain damage. He’ll be shitting himself when he hits 50.

Back