Let's give Vitor some credit

Junior Cigano**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Now I'll be the first to admit I don't like Vitor, I think he's a cheater, a duck, etc etc. But he did something that took a lot of courage and I hespect him for it; he admitted to failing his drug test. I don't know the details but I believe legally, NSAC couldn't release the results because he wasn't a licensed fighter, so it was completely up to Vitor whether or not the public knew the results. He admitted to his mistakes and that shows maturity and integrity. Well done Vitor, well done.

EDIT!

It has been brought to my attention that Vitor has a meeting with NSAC this week to get licensed to fight. The results of his drug test probably would have come out anyway and it seems like he's just trying to save face by releasing the results himself.

Ignore this thread.

Last edited:
Vitor is only TRT successful fighter. The End

He came clean here because he needed a show of good faith to be licensed in Nevada, and they already know his result. I would be more appreciative of Vitor's new found honesty if he were open about his entire history of PED abuse.

I give him zero credit for that. He waited for the storm to die down and it didn't. Everyone was speculating and he had to do something.

He came clean here because he needed a show of good faith to be licensed in Nevada, and they already know his result. I would be more appreciative of Vitor's new found honesty if he were open about his entire history of PED abuse.

Zero credit should be given. Man the population is dumb.

As stated above, he only came clean b/c he knew it would come up in his hearing with the NSAC for a license to fight.

Yeah they already knew but him publicly announcing it doesn't change anything for them. They still know and he still failed, he announced it for the fans to know the truth. But yeah I'd like him to open up about his entire history of PED abuse as well.

I give him zero credit for that. He waited for the storm to die down and it didn't. Everyone was speculating and he had to do something.

True, but if he never told us, we would still be speculating. Sure, the logical answer would be to assumed he failed but until he released the results, we couldn't know for sure. He gave the fans (Vitor fans and MMA fans in general) the answer they deserved, something that he had no obligation to do.

TRT isn't some magical potion that taught Vitor how to throw kicks.

He is a phony Christian and all around fake person. No class, no credibilty, no integrity, no respect for his opponents or his fans. I give him shit credit.
Lion my ass! More like a jackal.

I see where you are coming from, but unfortunately I have to disagree.

Vitor has shown time and time again that he is a man who will do what is in his power to take advantage of the system. Yes, he did admit he failed his drug test. Remember, he failed this drug test in February, why did he need to wait until June to release this statement?

I have the answer, because his NSAC hearing is in this month! Vitor is hoping that he will be able to be licensed based on his willingness to let the public know of his failed test. He is trying to show he had 'nothing to hide'. If he had nothing to hide, why would he wait 4 months to release the results?

Now I'll be the first to admit I don't like Vitor, I think he's a cheater, a duck, etc etc. But he did something that took a lot of courage and I hespect him for it; he admitted to failing his drug test. I don't know the details but I believe legally, NSAC couldn't release the results because he wasn't a licensed fighter, so it was completely up to Vitor whether or not the public knew the results. He admitted to his mistakes and that shows maturity and integrity. Well done Vitor, well done.

LOL...are these people serious?

Do you remember he was ready and going to fight in Brazil without saying anything?

He literally said he's fighting in Brazil and not talking about the NSAC test ever.

He admitted it after he learned it would be revealed at the NSAC meeting.
He wants to get title shot off of Chael Sonnen in Vegas and the NSAC is releasing his results. That's why he admitted it. Why do you respect him for that?

If I was Vitor I never would have accepted the Sonnen fight or tried to get licensed in Nevada. They couldn't release the results to any other commission and chances are the next time he got scheduled for a fight it wouldn't have been in Nevada so he would have been able to get licensed without having to release the results of his test.

Yeah they already knew but him publicly announcing it doesn't change anything for them. They still know and he still failed, he announced it for the fans to know the truth. But yeah I'd like him to open up about his entire history of PED abuse as well.

C'mon man, he did nothing here for the fans. If he had wanted to do something for the fans he would have come clean years ago. A show of contrition is needed when the NSAC considers whether or not to license him. A public mea culpa is the only acceptable form of contrition left to him. Who would believe it if he said he would change his ways?

He is a phony Christian and all around fake person. No class, no credibilty, no integrity, no respect for his opponents or his fans. I give him shit credit.
Lion my ass! More like a jackal.

Yup. I'm a big follower of the saying, 'Practice what you preach'. Vitor is always speaking about Jesus, honor, integrity. I don't expect the man to be a saint and flawless, but he has been caught cheating twice and that is not playing by the rules.

Abusing TRT is not only hurting his own body, it hurts the UFC, it hurts the fans who pay to see him fight, and most importantly it hurts the integrity of his sport.

With the amount of abuse Vitor has done to his body from taking steroids, I would not be surprised if he honestly does need them to have a normal life. Unfortunately for him, the pain he will and probably is going through is all due to his own actions.

I personally hope that the NSAC bans him from the sport in their state, to personally make a lesson out of him for other fighters who are also playing the border between cheating and not cheating.

I see where you are coming from, but unfortunately I have to disagree.

Vitor has shown time and time again that he is a man who will do what is in his power to take advantage of the system. Yes, he did admit he failed his drug test. Remember, he failed this drug test in February, why did he need to wait until June to release this statement?

I have the answer, because his NSAC hearing is in this month! Vitor is hoping that he will be able to be licensed based on his willingness to let the public know of his failed test. He is trying to show he had 'nothing to hide'. If he had nothing to hide, why would he wait 4 months to release the results?

I didn't realize he has a meeting with NSAC this month...it does seem, now, that he might have an ulterior motive for revealing the results. Good observation.

He's a cheater. He gets no credit from me.

Some of you guys are just retarded.. Of course he failed he had just taken a dose of TRT the day before..

And i live in Vegas and have a friend who works for the NSAC and he told me he heard that Vitor last test in may he was way under the normal amount of test for a 37 year old man.. Obviously im not giving my source so this will stay as pure speculation but I wanted to share that..

Back